CHAPTER 4: The issue

Ahaan was Driving the car and Alishka was there scrolling her phone, she was looking at all the group pictures and recalling the memories they had made. She was weakly smiling and trying to control her tears. Ahaan just casually turned towards her and found her tears strolling down her cheeks. Alishka was unaware of this.

Ahaan: {worriedly} what happened Alishu? is everything ok?

Alishka: {narrowing her brows} Yes? Why what happened?

Ahaan: why are you crying?

Alishka: "When was I... {she looks in the mirror} Oh sorry, never mind. Please drive quickly, I need to meet Mom!"

Ahaan: {in his mind} She must be worried, thinking only about her mom!

Ahaan: {comforting her} It's okay, Alishu, I understand. Auntie will recover soon. We'll celebrate her birthday at your place this time, so don't worry at all, okay?

Alishka looked at him with a weak smile, and nodded

Alishka: You know what Ahaan?

Ahaan: {raising his brow} What?

Alishka: main janti hoon upar se kadak, andar se teddy bear ho tum! {know you're tough on the outside, but inside, you're a real softie!}

Ahaan: {cute smile} Haan Haan pata hai but sirf tumahre liye, aur kisi ko batana mat! { yeah, I know, but just for you. Don't tell anyone else.}

They had a good laugh at this statement and finally reached the hospital, Aliksha went into mother room and hugged her tightly while Ahaan was standing outside and talking to her father. Alishka's family shared a good bond with Ahaan. Alisha's Mother was suffering from lung cancer and heavy amount of money was going on her treatment. She was meeting a mom after a long time and seeing her condition worse made her cry. Her mom was happy to see her child after a long time she hugged her and gave her forehead kiss, wiped her tears and assured her that she will be fine. After some time Aliksha came out and her father went in, Ahaan so tears strap on her face and consoled her. They left the hospital after that.

Alishka: Ahaan, I wanted to talk about something serious plz can we stop at a café?

Ahaan: Hmm ok!

After a few minutes of driving they stopped at a cafe, seated themselves and ordered their meal as it was almost lunch. There was an awkward silence between them, Aliksha was lost in her deep thoughts and her fingers were fidgeting between each other seeing this Ahaan finally spoke.

Ahaan: Alishu? Alishkaaaaaa?? Hello???

Alishka: {jolting}, yes?

Ahaan: I think you wanted to talk about something. What happened, is everything okay? Why are you so worried?

Alishka: Dude, Ahaan, um... the thing is... I can't do this anymore. I mean, it's not that I don't want to, but... I just can't!

Ahaan: What do you mean? What can't you do? Stop beating around the bush and just tell me clearly what's going on.

Alishka: {taking a deep breath} Ahaan I can't do Paranormal investigating anymore!

Ahaan: {shocked} but why? I thought you loved your job.

Alishka: Ahaan, I do love my job! But the thing is, it's about the future, my career, and most importantly, financial issues! You see, Dad has invested all his insurance and savings in Mom's treatment. Now, there's nothing left. And earlier, Aleena... {her voice chokes} she used to manage things as she was a manager at a company with a good salary, but she's not here anymore, and I don't have any siblings who can help with expenses! Moreover, as a paranormal investigator, our earnings are limited. Yes, enough to cover our own expenses, but what about our parents? I know... I started all this... but {starts sobbing} I'm sorry, I can't do it anymore!

Seeing her cry Ahaan changed his seat and sat behind her, held her hand and gave his Sholder to cry.

Alishka: {still sobbing} I never wanted to leave... in fact, it was my dream that we... always stay together... and our certificates have the same career written on them... but circumstances are such...

Ahaan: Alishu I understand! But there must be another way, right?

Alishka: {sour voice} Ahaan I did try my best to find another way but there is no way!

Ahaan: Okay, tell me one thing, if you quit this, then what will you do?

Listening to this Aliksha took out her phone and showed him a job appointment letter.

Ahaan: {shocked} You've been offered a job as a manager at INDIA BASKET {fictional} and that too from Delhi? But when did you apply for it?

Alishka: I didn't my father did! And that too without my permission.

Ahaan: Alishka you really want to leave. I mean we can find a way yarr.

Alishka: I am sorry Ahaan!

Ahaan was really shocked to hear this news they had their lunch and didn't speak. While driving the car they were again a dead silence in the car Ahaan was lost in his whole world. While Alishka was preparing herself to how to give a good explanation to the group.

Ahaan: {thinking} If she leaves the group, I'll be all alone. It's not like others don't treat me well, but everyone is Hella scared of me. I wonder why every time my favorite person leaves me. First Mom and now her!

As they reached home everyone was enjoying themselves, Alishka went to her room and Ahaan joined Maanvir in cleaning the equipment. Although Maanvir was scared of Ahaan but also had brotherhood for him and seeing him a little tensed and sad, he finally asked if everything was fine? Ahaan just nodded his head.

Saina: Oh Ahaan, when did you guys arrive? Where's Alishka?

Ahaan: We just arrived a little while ago. Alishka is in her room right now.

Saina: Okay, could you call Alishka? It's already time for evening tea. I'll go make it.!

Maanvir: Dude, if it had been masala Maggi, it would've been so much more fun!

Adhiraj: {joining in} Why not Alishka's special one?

Ahaan: Yeah, why not. {whispering} Just one last time!

Maanvir: but someone call her.

Himanshu: Alishkaaaaaa, come quickly! Today, we'll have your special homemade masala Maggi!

Saina: Alishkaaaaaa, I am making the tea. Come here before that!

Alishka: {from a far} OKKKK! GIVE ME 5 MINS

Alishka came down wearing a normal attire with a messy bun and entered the kitchen where Saina was already there making tea for everyone. She passed a warm smile to Alishka, to which she smiled back but weakly. Alishka made her special Masala Maggie and served it everyone.

Maanvir: {licking his fingers} Mmm, so tasty, Alishka, your recipe is our lifeline! I don't know when we'll get to eat like this again after you leave.

Hearing this Alishka looked at him with shock. Ahaan elbowed her to finally tell the truth. Maanvir just looked at her with a little smirk, expect him everyone was confused.

Alishka: {hesitatingly}guys.... I can't do Paranormal investigating anymore; I have got a job offer from a company.

Saina: Wait what?