Offering

The company squeezed between rocks in a line. Dwalin leading them through the cave. Light peered down on them from above. There was the sound of water trickling along the walls along with some grunting from the dwarves.

  "Keep up." Dwalin told them all. Opal knew where they were headed. She had seen it on maps that her mother had hidden away.

Coming out of the tunnel, the group over looked a beautiful valley. Homes and buildings poked up through the trees and fountains flowed from the ground. The sunlight hitting the tops of the valley made it glow.
Opal stood next to Gandalf as he gave her a calm yet cheeky smile.

She couldn't contain herself. The beauty in front of her was like nothing she's seen before. Opal was in a sort of trance looking at Rivendell. Suddenly it felt as if intense eyes were on her. The hobbit glanced around onto to see Thorin looking at her calmly.

"The valley of Imladris!" Gandalf announce. "In the common tongue its knows by another name."
"Rivendell." Opal whispered, though Bilbo said it out loud.

The dwarves muttered things to each other, looking nervous or even angry.
"Here lies the last homely house East of the sea." The wizard remarked.
"This was your plan all along. To seek refuge with our enemy." Thorin accused.
"You have no enemies here, Thorin Oakenshield. The only ill will to be found in this valley is that which you bring yourself."

Thorn glared at Gandalf harder.
  "You think the elves will give out quest their blessing? They will try to stop us." He replied .
  "Of course they will. But we have questions that need answers, Thorin." Opal looked at him with a calm sense of  assertiveness. He looked at her with the same glare, it only softened a little bit, then looked to the ground.

  "If we are to be successful, this will need to be handled with tact. and respect. And no small degree of charm. Which is why you will leave the talking to me." The wizard insisted.

🜋🜋🜋🜋🜋🜋🜋

Opal followed behind Fili as Kili walked behind her.
"If you think this place is beautiful, wait to you see home." He whispered to her.
"Have you seen it?" She asked.
"Not yet, but I've heard stories." He smiled brightly. She admired him for his hope.

They all walked over a bridge and into the gates of Rivendell. Two guards stood at the stairs. The dwarves were standing all together, some scoffing at the architecture. But Bilbo and his sister could only stare in amazement.

Soon a dark haired elf walked down the steps wearing a red robe.
"Mitheandir!" He called out to them. Gandalf turned to look at the elf.
"Ah, Lindir."

Thorin leaned over to Dwalin and whispered, "stay sharp." In his ear. Lindir began to speak in his native tongue.
"What didn't he say?" Thorin asked those around him quietly. They shrugged.
"He had heard of us, something about crossing into the valley." Opal replied, not taking her eyes off of the wizard and elf.

"I must speak with Lord Elrond." Gandalf insisted.
"My lord Elrond is not here."
"Not here?" He asked. "Where is he?"

Horns blared from a distance. The sound of hooves coming closer made the ground rattle a bit. They turned to see a group of soldiers coming towards them.

Thorin yelled out in Khuzdûl, pulling Opal towards him and into the center of the circle they had formed. "Close ranks!" He demanded. They all bared arms as the men on horses began to circle them.

Thorn kept a tight hold on Opals waist, making sure she was not to move.
"Gandalf!" One said happily
"Lord Elrond!" Gandalf greeted then they began to speak in elvish.
"They were hunting orcs. They killed a few." Opal attempted to translate.

Lord Elrond gave Gandalf a friendly hug.
"Strange for orcs to come so close to our borders. Something of someone has drawn them near." The elf explained.
"Ah, that may have been us." The wizard replied, gesturing to the company.

Thorin stepped forward, moving Opal behind him. She took a step back, as to not look meek behind him.
"Welcome Thorin, son of Thrain."
"I do not believe we have met." Thorin replied.
"You have your grandfathers bearing. I knew Thror when he ruled under the mountain." Elrond explained .

Opal held her brother's hand, having felt distant from him as of late.
"Indeed. He made no mention of you." Thorin retorted. Elrond looked at the king for a second more then began speaking.
"What is he sayin'? Does he offer us insult?!" Gloin called out.
"No. He's offering us food!" Opal corrected.

The dwarves turned to talk amongst themselves.
"Ah well... in that case, lead on."
Opal let out a chuckle and began walking so her and Bilbo would follow closely behind Gandalf at the front of the group.

"Two hobbits?" Elrond asked, referring to Bilbo and Opal as they walked.
"Ah yes, friends we met along the way of our travels. Master Bilbo Baggins and his sister Opal." Gandalf replied.
Bilbo gave Lord Elrond a nervous nod of respect and Opal said a polite, "lovely to meet you."

There was a slight tug on her arm and she was pulled back a bit to stand next to the king.
"What?" She asked him.
"Stay by my side." He insisted.
"What about my brother?"
"He is a man, he is responsible for himself." Thorin replied.

The she-hobbit scoffed and took her arm out of his hand.
"I do not need you to protect me. I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself and my brother if needed." She said quietly, as to not embarrass him in front of all the others, then walked back to her brother and took his hand in hers.