ALLY'S AREN'T FRIENDS

Day 6 contains nothing of importance.

Sea and I sat around most of the time. I was surprised that the Capitol hasn't sent anything to spice all this up. Maybe they took note of my words.

We are on day 7 of this hell scape now. We have been up for a few hours. I look through the woods for food, to no avail. Soon, screaming starts, and a single cannon goes off. A figure flashes in front of me, running. It stops and turns to me quickly. "Run! There's mutts!" Reaper, 12's male. He turns and runs once again. I look around for Sea, and spot him a little bit away. "Sea!" I yell. He doesn't hear me. I run to him as I hear a howling like noise. I quicken my pace. 

Once I'm in earshot I yell for him. "Sea! Mutts! Run!" I yell loudly. He takes off running, I change my direction and begin running as well. I am full on sprinting when I notice Reaper stopped. I make my body stop as well. "Reaper! Move!" I yell. He looks at me, but does nothing. "Thank you, for saving Tara." I hear him say. A mutt takes his head. Another cannon goes off. I ignore the feeling of wanting to cry. I begin running again, but not without a mutt's teeth puncturing my right wrist. I feel the skin being ripped away as I scream in agony. I quickly take a knife and stab the mutt until it's on the ground, blood spewing from it's corpse. I start running again.

I break from the forest, as me, Sea, Bee, Archie, Snow, and Winter all stand on a beach. We all stare at each other, Sea coming over to me. The mutts stop at the tree line and eventually go back into the forest. I guess they are wanting us to wrap this up. "I'm surprised your still alive." Bee comments. "Really? I could say the same to you. After all, you do have the lowest score in hunger games history." I bite back.

Her face goes red and she stares daggers at me. "How are we playing this, Dalton? Sea?" Asks Snow, 1's male. "That depends on all of you." I say. "We can fight now, or we can separate and drag this out longer. You'd all have to kill each other off anyway." I finish. Snow looks to the rest of them. They all nod. "Let's separate. We can drag this out for a few more days." He says. "Great idea." Sea replies.

We all go our separate ways. Bee and Archie being the only pair to leave together. Sea and I decide to leave each other as well, neither of us wanting to be the one to kill the other. I go back into the forest and find some fruit. I eat my fill and find a place to rest for the night. I just sit and stare, thinking, for about an hour before music starts playing. 

Tara and Reaper, both of 12's tributes are shown.

I feel my chest tighten at the thought of that little girl dead. And Reaper, he seemed like an awesome guy...I wish I could have known him. The memory of Reaper's words flash through my head. He thanked me for saving Tara from Dove. That must have been why he warned me about the mutts. But why did he stop? Why did he let himself die? Why did he give up? His death plays in my head continuously before I snap back into reality with pain shooting through my arm. I then look further down.

I finally notice an open wound that resides on the bottom of my leg. I guess I must have gotten it when running. I rip my shirt and tie the fabric around it and my arm. The bleeding slows and the pain subsides slightly. The one on my leg is not all that deep, but I could've bled out from it. But the one on my arm is more serious, I think I might have even saw some bone. I lean my head back against a tree and begin thinking once again. I keep myself awake, ready for any ongoing attack.

.

.

.

The sun rises and I remain sitting, wanting to get myself ready for whatever is to come. I stand and look around for food and water once again. I succeed in finding both and eat and drink until I'm halfway full. I move around and begin to notice something wrong. I hear running as I quickly hide. Archie runs by, Winter follows closely. They both stop suddenly. "Common, Winter." Archie begs. "I thought we were friends." He says. "No. We were ally's. There's a difference." He replies coldly.

"What difference!?" Archie is getting desperate. "There's no such thing as friends in the hunger games. There's prey and hunter. And then there's victor." Winter explains. He holds a knife in hand. He charges toward Archie, but he dodges it. Winter turns around and slices the air, aiming for Archie. "Please, Winter!" Archie begs, terror evident in his voice. 

Winter doesn't say anything, he doesn't stop either. The two rustle and fight for a while before Winter finally hits Archie, stabbing him in the shoulder. Archie cries out. I am unable to move, if I do, then I'll be exposed. "Winter!" Archie shrieks. Winter takes his knife out of his shoulder, and stabs through the air, Archie, unable to move, takes a fatal blow to the neck. He drops to the ground, chocking on his own blood. 

He lays there, suffocating. Soon, he stops moving and the cannon goes off.