ALLY'S FOUND

The third day went much like the second.

Rory and I make our way through the forest, looking for anyone else. We did make our way to the foot of the mountains, only to find out that we couldn't climb them. So, why would they give us climbing gear and boots with a whole lot of grip, only to not let us climb? This isn't making a ton of sense. We redirect to taking another route. We go through the forest once again, to make it out of the side of it to the tree line. I grab Rory and duck behind a tall bush.

The career pack, everyone but Rory, Sea, and Paylor. A few add on's, I assume to replace them. 3's female, Crane, 8's male, Atlas, and Bee. Why her, you ask, the girl that received the lowest score in hunger games history? Because she was hanging off of 2's male, Archie. I guess they're a thing so now she has their protection. I have to stop myself from laughing, or gagging, not sure which, maybe both.

I grab Rory and lead her away. We make our way through the forest once again to find another open space unoccupied. I lead Rory to it, only to stop at the sight of Sea...and Dove. I debate going further, but Rory runs out crying and hugs Sea tightly. He seems surprised but hugs her back. Dove stands away, seemingly disgusted with the little girl. I bring myself forward. "Glad to have finally found you." I say with a smile.

He returns it. "Me too. I was really happy when I didn't see your or Rory's face with the fallen." He says. I nod. "Same," I reply shortly. Rory calms down and we start making camp, not really sure of what to do. It has been slow lately, and the Capitol people must be getting bored. They'll be sending something soon, like with the mutts last year, and when they flooded the arena for a while a few years ago.

I try not to worry about it, but it's hard not to. "I'll take the first watch." Sea says. He stands with his trident in hand goes to lean against a nearby tree. I nod to him thankfully as I lay down. Rory scoots over to me and lays next to me. She grabs my hand as she drifts into sleep. I smile at her. Soon, I fall into sleep as well. Once again, the music never goes off in the sky, 17 still remain.

.

.

.

I awake with a start as I hear screams in the distance. Cannons go off one after the other. I count four at least. I grab Rory, getting her up on her feet and look around to see Dove still sleeping and Sea passed out. No more watch duty for him. I quickly wake them up. "Time to go, somethings wrong. Four cannons just went off." I say. They both grab their things quickly and we make a dash for the other direction. We stop at the mountains again. I reach out, hoping the situation changed from earlier, it did.

"We're able to climb now." I say. I look through my bag and grab the rope and hook. I tie the hook to the rope and tie it around myself. "Is there anyone who cannot climb?" I ask. "Me." Rory says. I nod. "Me too." Dove says. I don't acknowledge her. I really do not like Dove, I can't explain why, I just don't. "Alright. The three of you stay down here. I'll climb up, secure the rope, and then toss it down." I say. "Here. Watch my stuff." I hand it over to Rory. She nods.

"How do we know you won't just leave us?" Dove asks. I look at her and scoff. "I may leave you, but not these two." I remark. Before anything else can be said, I begin my climb. I take it rather slow at the beginning, but speed up toward the middle. I grab onto what seems to be a sturdy rock, but it falters and I lose my grip. I hang onto a single little rock as gasps are heard from below. "Dalton!" I hear Rory scream. "Are you okay!?" Sea screams next.

"I'm fine! I'm okay!" I yell down to them. I regain my grip on two sturdy rocks and begin climbing again. I make it to edge of the mountain to find a wide cliff. The cliff has a tunnel leading through the rest of the mountain. I pull myself up and find a strong rock to tie the hook into. I go back to the edge of the cliff and throw the rope down. "Send Rory first!" I call down. And they comply, letting Rory have the rope first. She climbs slowly, as she makes her way up. "Hold on tight!" I call. I begin pulling the rope up.

She clings to it. She is rather light so it's not much of a problem. Once she is up, Dove comes next, Rory and I both pull her up once she is about halfway. Next is Sea, we do the same for him, Dove pitching in as well. Once everyone is up, I wrap the rope up and shove it into my bag once again. "Let's see about this tunnel." Sea comments. "Let's." Dove replies. We begin making our way into it and it is a lot longer than anticipated. We travel for about an hour and still no sunlight. We stop to rest for a while and then start back. After about two more hours we finally make it out. The sun almost completely down. Another cliff awaits us.

The music plays and four tributes are added to the fallen. Crane, female from 3, Trinket, male from 5, Castor, male from 6, and Clover, female from 7. Thirteen tributes remain.