88. True Happiness

~*Lan Wangji's POV*~

During these past few months, I have spent so much time with Yina. Occasionally she would let Wei Ying come out and let her dragon rest. When that happens, Wei Ying and I tend to get a bit...handsy. Not that it matters because we are married. At the moment, Yina was out. She was happy and relaxed. The baby was to come any day now and we were both excited for it.

As we were resting, Yina began to sense something not far from our secluded cave. I sent a message to Baoshan to let her know something was wrong. Just as I heard back from her saying that she and some reinforcements were on the way, a group of cultivators entered the cave unannounced. I stood in front of Yina with Bichen in hand. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw that the egg was also starting to move which means the baby was coming.

"Who are you to come here!" I asked, "how did you get past Bai Ze and the other celestial guards?"

"We are here for your dragon," a man said.

"Over my dead body!" I said.

"Hanguang Jun, I suggest you hand her and the egg over," I heard a familiar voice say.

"Jin Guangshan?" I asked, "I refuse to move. She belongs to no one. She is also Wei Ying who is my husband and mate. You hurt them and you will die! I do not care who you are! You entered sacred territory!"

"You will regret it," Jin Guangshan said.

"No, you will," I said.

Just then, Yina let out a breath of lightning. It struck the ground where Jin Guangshan stood and it caused him to go flying across the cave. I saw rocks beginning to fall from the roof of the cave so I created a protective barrier over the egg. Only Yina and I could get past the barrier because we were immortal beings. Baoshan soon arrived with soldiers and my brother.

"Jin Guangshan, are you an idiot?!" Brother asked.

"Must be," Baoshan said. She then began to move and created a wall using stone. It was to keep Yina and I hidden behind it and we were safe from the Jins.

"Yina, I promise you, I will not let them take you or the baby," I told her.

"I know," she said, "it's time, the baby is coming out."

"Should I do anything?" I asked.

"No, you and I just need to be patient," she told me.

After some time, Baoshan sent over a new message saying that Jin Guangshan was taken care of as well as his cultivators. Their spiritual energy was sealed off and locked up in a cell for now. It was until Baoshan can get Jin Zixuan here to discuss what happens next.

I let out a sigh of relief, "A'Zhan?" Yina called out to me.

I turned to her and I saw our new baby, currently in a dragon form. It was a boy and he was beautiful. He was white and had patches of blue spots scattered throughout his body. His eyes glowed a beautiful sapphire blue and his horns and spine were gold. The gold came from his connection to Yina. The white and blue came from being a Lan descendent.

"Lan Yuan," Yina said.

"Sizhui is his courtesy name," I said, "does his dragon have a name?"

"We have the honor of choosing one," Yina told him.

"His mother should choose," I said.

"How about Yingxue?" Yina asked.

I smiled, "it's nice," I said, "Yingxue."

Just then, the little dragon came over to me to say hello, "he knows who his father is," Yina told me, "and he seems to like Yingxue."

"Then he will be called Yingxue," I said, "Lan Yuan, courtesy name, Sizhui, and his dragon's name is Yingxue."

I now had a little family. Yingxue was calm for a baby dragon...according to Yina anyway. She said it probably has to do with having Lan blood. We are known for being calm. It will be about six more weeks before he shifts to his human form, but Yina can now go back and forth to being her or Wei Ying. With what happened with Jin Guangshan, Yina decided to stay out longer. The rock wall Baoshan put up was put down and a new protection barrier was placed at the entrance of the cave. Only me, or Baoshan can go through it. Wei Ying can too if he was in his human form but no one else can enter.

With Jin Guangshan taken care of, he would no longer be a problem. His son, Jin Zixuan, made it clear that no one should ever attempt such an idiotic move again. Even Chifeng Zun, our Xiandu, agreed to this. So now, everyone was safe. The war that was a possibility, is no longer a possibility. The threats have left.

Wei Ying and I can now continue to live together in true happiness, maybe even have a few more dragon babies in the future.

I know that I got really lucky with Wei Ying. I didn't want to marry when it came to Wen Tuxi, I was the same way with Wei Ying at first but he happened to be my soulmate. An arranged marriage that turned into a blessing for the both of us. He was freed from the abuse he endured and moved into a safe location where everyone else enjoyed his company. Most importantly, he was all mine, forever and always.

The End
.
.
.
To be Continued

Note:
I will most likely either come back and add more chapters or start a second book. I ended it here because I was running out of ideas for how to continue this story so I felt this was a good place to stop.

I will try to come back but it will probably take some time. I am glad you like the story as it is and thank you for reading.

////////////

• Yingxue — Lustrous Snow