chapter two

LITTLE DARK AGE,
CHAPTER TWO

LITTLE DARK AGE,CHAPTER TWO

˚˖𓍢ִִ໋ 🔒🖤˚˖🔦𓍢ִ🛹✧˚.
( LENORA )

"LENORA!!" A familiar voice cries out, but in my panic, it's hard to tell which boy it belongs to.

My body suddenly lifts and my eyes spring open. The pavement turns to dirt and grass, I look up, my gaze locking on The twins who stare at me, Taylor's mouth agape. What the-?

It takes me a second to realize Ben has hauled me onto his shoulder, but he's still running. Further behind us, the phantom that must have grabbed me fumbles to its feet, before continuing its pursuit. Its mouth widens into a sickening grin of all sharp teeth, and its shadowy form chases along like a blur, but what makes the creature most eerie is the noise it makes. Or well, lack thereof.

The walls of the graveyard suddenly surround us, and Ben skids to a stop within its walls.

"CLOSE THE GATE, CLOSE THE GATE!" Tyler screams, ducking inside just as Ashlyn slams the big red button on the wall.

The mechanics wrr while Ben deposits me on the ground. I run to the gate immediately, lifting my pronged mace as I step toward the front of the group. Beside me, Aiden holds up a knife and on the other side of me, Tyler clutches a baseball bat with a machete blade in it. And behind us, Logan shakily lifts the rifle belonging to Ashlyn's dad in the other world.

The gate slams shut, and the phantom races forward, but it's late by a second. I watch its beady white eye get cut off, the sight of the creature's gleaming smile sending goosebumps up my neck.

BANG, BANG, BANG!!!

My shoulders slump and I release a breath I didn't even know I was holding in, which suddenly results in the lack of air catching up to me. I huff, dropping my mace to clutch the stitch in my side. It falls to the ground with a thump!

"Ugh! I really need to work on my cardio." I groan.

Tyler glares at me, placing a hand on his hip, the other at his side, "Seriously?"

I scowl back at him, still puffing and gasping for air, "Yeah."

Ashlyn rolls her eyes, making a waving motion with her hand. "C'mon. Let's get back to the bus."

None of us object as we file back to the bus and through the door, leaving behind the phantom as it bangs against the metal walls around the bus yard. Or as Ashlyn calls it, the graveyard.

I drop my mace into the wooden crate behind the driver's seat, before falling into the empty bench behind the twins. Across from me, Logan slumps in his seat, groaning as he temporarily removes his glasses to rub his eyes. Ashlyn takes the seat in front of all of us, while Ben and Aiden sit down behind her.