chapter twelve

LITTLE DARK AGE,
CHAPTER TWELVE

LITTLE DARK AGE,CHAPTER TWELVE

˚˖𓍢ִִ໋ 🔒🖤˚˖🔦𓍢ִ🛹✧˚.
( LENORA )

"I so failed that midterm." I groan, flopping back on Ashlyn's couch, between Ben and Logan.

Taylor's head falls into her hands, "I'm pretty sure I did too."

"Me three." Ash mumbles, pulling her legs up to her chest.

I glance at the three of us. We all look lethargic. Ben and Tyler do too. The only person who looks confident is Logan with his head held high, adjusting his glasses while the rest of us stare blankly at him. Yeah... he's the only one of us who passed.

Whoever invented Midterms on Mondays needs to kill themselves.

Aside from him, Aiden smiles to himself, chomping happily on the Lemon-Raspberry cookies me and Troy made over the weekend, "Y'know, my parents are coming back tomorrow." He beams, changing the subject in a moment.

I pick my head up. Honestly, I was beginning to think Aiden didn't have parents, yet here we are.

"Really?" Taylor asks, sounding just about as shocked as I feel.

Aiden nods, stuffing his face with another sweet, "Yep! So is Ben's family. It's his little sister's birthday in a week so they're coming in to celebrate." He says between chews, bits of cookie flying out of his mouth.

My eyes widen, "I didn't know you had a little sister."

Ben nods, but his gaze stays rooted on the floor. Based off the look of guilt in his eye something tells me he isn't totally happy to see them visit.

Meanwhile, Ashlyn's dad walks through the living room, carrying with him a giant basket of clothes, "Oh, they didn't tell me they were coming back!"

"You talked to them?"

"Oh, yeah." Mr. Banner nods, "Your mom and I update them on how Ben and Aiden are doing." The man pauses, setting his basket on the kitchen table, "... We should have a barbecue! It'd be a good chance for all the parents to meet each other-"

From the corner of my eye, I watch the twins' shoulders shoot upward and their eyes big out.

"-We could host it in the Graveyard for Ben's sister's birthday if they don't already have plans." Ashlyn's dad suggests.