chapter fourteen

LITTLE DARK AGE,
CHAPTER FOURTEEN

LITTLE DARK AGE,CHAPTER FOURTEEN

˚˖𓍢ִִ໋ 🥀🔦˚˖🎧𓍢ִ ❤️‍🩹✧˚.
( LENORA & TYLER )

"I do."

Huh?

I feel my shoulders tense at Tyler's words.

He gives a shit? Since when...?

I know Tyler Hernández and he isn't the type of guy who gives a shit. Especially about people like me.

After a moment I step off my board and turn to face him, a look of doubt etched into my features. The end of my cigarette glows in the darkness when I blow the smoke through my lips.

"Why?"

Now it's Tyler's turn to be confused as he stares at me, uncomfortably shuffling his feet as he looks for an answer.

"I- uh, um, I-..."

I laugh at the nonsense he spits, taking another hit of my cigarette before I drop it and crush it into the mulch. "You ride, Hernández?"

"I-,"

"C'mon," I glance over shoulder, watching him take a second to process it before he runs up alongside me.

Tyler and I walk side by side, neither of us saying anything until we do.

"Ahm... w-why do you smoke?"

"Are you seriously asking me that right now?" I look up at him, narrowing my eyes.

"I-... No. Sorry." A red tint creeps up his cheeks, but it only makes me laugh.

"Calms my nerves." I shrug, avoiding looking at him. The drugs in my system are making me more open than I would like, and of course the sleep deprivation doesn't help, but that's all I chalk it up to. "Why are you such a douche?"

"I am not!" Tyler glares at me. "So are you like an insomniac or something?"

"Something like that." I take my chance, glancing at him as we pass under a street lamp, exiting the park. "You?"

He shakes his head, staring at the ground. I notice that his thick brown hair falls over his forehead, somehow showing how childish he still is. "Something like that."