chapter thirteen

LITTLE DARK AGE,
CHAPTER THIRTEEN

LITTLE DARK AGE,CHAPTER THIRTEEN

˚˖𓍢ִִ໋ 🖤⚾˚˖🎸𓍢ִ💥✧˚.
( TYLER )

Lenora's been gone for too long.

I look over my shoulder but the rest of the arcade is virtually empty. My phone flashes with the time— no normal person takes five minutes to pee. Not even a chick. Especially not when there are people waiting on them.

Behind me, Aiden is still rolling in the large pile of tickets as he and Ashlyn argue over who gets whose share after the DDR bet. Taylor is on her tiptoes looking at something on Ben's phone and Logan is shaking his head at the group. And although I've been on my phone for most of the evening, I'm not blind...

Just before Lenora left, I noticed a shift in her attitude. Now, ten minutes later, she's nowhere to be seen. I chew my bottom lip, clicking the contacts app on my phone and scrolling down till I find the M's.

I'm gonna regret this, I think as I dial Lenora Mavros' number

It rings once. Twice. Five times before a voice chirps over the line. I almost sigh in relief, "Lenora, where are-"

"-Sup'? Uh... you've reached the voicemail of Nora Mavros- and Troy-" Another voice squeaks, making Lenora chuckle,"-'tahaha. We're not here right now, so, uh... yeah, call us back—" The end of Lenora's voicemail clicks, sending her voice into oblivion.

"Shit." I sigh, shoving my phone into my back pocket.

"What's wrong?" Logan pipes up, looking up at me from the ground.

"Nothing, I-" I stop. It's not nothing. As much as Lenora irritates me sometimes, it doesn't mean I'm not worried. She's— nevermind. "I think something's wrong," I say.

Ben's head perks up and Tay steps away from him, glancing around at all of us. "Where's Nora? She should be back by now."

Ashlyn stands suddenly, stepping in a random direction as she pulls the earplugs out of her ears. "Ah!" She winces.

"Ash?" Aiden looks up, finally jumping out of the ticket pile. "You good?"

But Ashlyn is already hurrying away. I follow after her with Ben and Tay hot on my heels to the back door leading out to the alley behind the arcade. The second Ash pushes it open, however, I freeze.

Nora!

She's too busy beating the shit out of Barron to notice us. I watch her fist fly into his jaw, sending him stumbling back just as a boy in a gray hoodie lunges at her.