chapter nine

LITTLE DARK AGE,
CHAPTER NINE

LITTLE DARK AGE,CHAPTER NINE

˚˖𓍢ִִ໋ 🔒🖤˚˖🔦𓍢ִ🛹✧˚.
( LENORA )

1 month later~

Getting put on my ass by Ashlyn's dad is not how I like to spend my afternoons. Particularly when it's supposed to be two-on-one...

I grunt as Mr. Banner twists my arm around, and pushes me onto the foam practice mat, not enough to necessarily hurt me, but enough so that I'll feel it tomorrow morning.

The second I'm down, Tyler goes at him. However, the only thing he's successful at is getting his feet kicked out from under him.

"UGH!"

I roll out of the way just before Tyler can fall and crash on top of me, and push myself up to my knee to take a cheap shot at Mr. Banner's legs. Unexpectedly, I'm actually successful at hitting him, but the small victory is short-lived. Ashlyn's dad, grabs my ankle, flinging me directly into Tyler just as he gets to his feet.

"Whoa!" Tyler gasps just as I crash hard into his core, taking us both down to the mat.

"Agh, shit!" I curse, pushing the other kid away, "Get off me."

Tyler groans, glaring at me as I shove him away by his shoulders and clamor to my feet.

Here we are after a month still getting the crap beat out of us almost every day. After all this time, it's starting to become embarrassing.

"Aye, you alright?" Mr. Banner calls out to me as he extends a hand to help Tyler off the mat. "Both of you need to keep your legs in check. And just remember, while that backkick might be strong, it leaves you vulnerable." He adds, pointing a friendly finger in my direction.

I sigh, placing my hands on my hips in defeat while Logan steps up to take our place.

"Your dad's brutal," Tyler says, rubbing the back of his head where he smacked it against the mat.

Ashlyn sighs, chugging half of her water, "Yeah, well people in the real world aren't gonna go easy on us. Neither will he."

Thud!

I look over my shoulder with just enough time to watch Ash's mom hurl Ben over her shoulder and pin him against the mat. I cringe. "Yeah, actually... I think I'm more terrified of your mother."