chapter eight

LITTLE DARK AGE,
CHAPTER EIGHT

LITTLE DARK AGE,CHAPTER EIGHT

˚˖𓍢ִִ໋ 🖤⚾˚˖🎸𓍢ִ💥✧˚.
( TYLER )

Ben, Aiden, and Ashlyn are all sitting on the Banner's front porch by the time we pull up. The route to the house is pretty much rooted in my memory by now seeing as we always seem to be over here nowadays.

I slow down in the driveway, allowing Taylor to hop off the bike pegs. I follow her lead, walking the transportation the rest of the way up the drive. Behind us, Logan does the same with his scooter and a distracted Lenora almost crashes and burns on her skateboard.

I glare over my shoulder at her as I lean my bike against the side of the house– she's been acting like a total clutz ever since we left school. I watch her struggle to kick up her skateboard and eventually huff and just kick it to the side with the rest of our equipment.

"Hey guys!" Tay says cheerfully, pulling me along with her. I drag my gaze away from Lenora, focusing on the task at hand: it was Ashlyn's brave idea to have her parents teach us all a thing or two about self-defense. I guess I can see where she's coming from, I mean, based on what just happened with Lenora and our current situation it's not like it wouldn't help...

"Tsk, tsk, you guys should really wear helmets," Aiden smirks in response.

"C'mon, they're inside." Ashlyn rolls her eyes.

I huff in annoyance. Aside from Lenora, the second thorn in my side is Aiden, "Oh, as if you would." I challenge.

We argue the whole way inside, following behind Ashlyn with Lenora lingering at the back of the group.

"Can you walk any slower?" I ask impatiently, the blond-haired psycho in front of me purposely walking at a turtle's pace to piss me off.

He grins. "Yeah!"

"Ugh!" I'm nearly ready to scream, but the second my fingers clench, Tay's hand falls in place on my shoulder.

"Calm down, Ty. It's fine." It's no secret my sister has a way with people's feelings, especially when it comes to me and my 'overbearing' attitude.

"Yeah. Whatever." I shrug her off. As much as Aiden pisses me off, arguing with him isn't worth it when it makes Tay upset.

We all take seats in the living room; me and Taylor falling onto the sofa, while Aiden slides onto the loveseat, Logan takes a chair, and Ben leans against the wall. As shifty as ever, Lenora also takes a seat on the couch beside me, though she makes sure to push herself as far as she can into the corner and bow her head when Ashlyn and her parents emerge from the kitchen.