chapter five

LITTLE DARK AGE,
CHAPTER FIVE

LITTLE DARK AGE,CHAPTER FIVE

˚˖𓍢ִִ໋ 🖤⚾˚˖🎸𓍢ִ💥✧˚.
( TYLER )

I'm convinced Lenora Mavros is a crazy person. I don't know what she thought she saw but there was nothing on her arm besides maybe a slight tan. And that Sirral Weed Place wasn't even scary- my best bet is that woman was trying to make a few extra bucks off some clueless teens.

Aside from today's events, the hotel isn't bad. When Mr. Thomas said we'd be four to a room I figured it'd be more cramped than this, but there are two bedrooms, a small living area, and a decent-sized bathroom. Unfortunately, though, I'm stuck with the four other guys in our history group.

Ben weirds me out, Aiden is a legitimate psycho, and Logan's about the only person I can kind of stand. I hope Tay's holding up better than I am what with Ashlyn and Lenora in her room, but she's a personality. She'll be fine. Still, it kills me to be separated from her.

I sigh, the battery on my phone almost completely drained from being on it all day. On the other couch, Aiden's fussing with a rubix cube and Ben is scribbling in his notebook. Other than that, Logan is sitting at the table, clutching a polaroid he took.

"... Um, guys?" He finally stirs after half an hour. "When we were in the Sorrel Weed House... um, I took a photo of that creature. I think you guys—"

I groan audibly, cutting him off. Ugh! I'm sick of this! "Sure you did." I roll my eyes, fully aware of how rude I come off, but I don't care. I've had enough talk about ghosts and the paranormal for one day. "Listen, we're in the twenty-first century. There are hundreds of ways of using technology to trick people. Whatever you took a picture of is probably fake. If y'all want to waste your time with this nonsense, go for it! I'm going to bed."

And yes, I'm fully aware it's only eight thirty.

Logan jolts up before I can make it to the room, "But look at this!" He throws the picture in my face so that I have no choice but to look at it.

"So?" It's just a polaroid of Lenora standing by herself; black hair swirling around her shoulders, her cerulean irises narrowed into slits as she glares at the people behind the camera. It'd be a good picture of her if she didn't look so pissed off and spooked at the same time.

"What am I supposed to be looking at?"

Other than the one girl I can't stand.

"Look, Lenora's standing alone but there's two shadows!" Logan persists.

I have to squint to see anything at all. There is something that resembles a smudge but that's about it. I don't know what he's looking at. "Trick of the light," My eyes roll, "You're seeing things."