chapter six

LITTLE DARK AGE,
CHAPTER SIX

LITTLE DARK AGE,CHAPTER SIX

˚˖𓍢ִִ໋ 🔒🖤˚˖🔦𓍢ִ🛹✧˚.
( LENORA )

Sometimes I can see her smile in my dreams— when I manage to find sleep that is.

Falling asleep on the bus was a happy accident, staying asleep now must be a fluke.

I remember her laughter too. Pure sweetness. Like honey or summer rain. Mom's voice was soft and elegant. Her smile was so delicate it could melt a heart. What I remember most about my mother were her lips...

Soft lips that kissed me goodnight. Gentle lips that hummed lullabies. Soothing lips that spoke with the melodious voice of an angel.

Lips I no longer see except in the solace of my rare dreams. That's what I remember most and ironically least about her... a smile.

I nearly smile myself, shifting into the warmth of my bed.

Sleep is something I adhere to very few nights. On most, I lie awake and watch the sky shift through its stages. Tonight I let myself sink into my mother's warm laughter and her caress against my cheek.

I miss her so much, yet all the same, I can't stand the situation she left us in. How could she just leave? Like that and she was gone...

"...Nora... Lenora... LENORA!"

I jolt awake, nearly head-butting Tyler by how fast I sit up.

"Gah! What time is it?" I quiz, curious as to how he got in here, but my head is spinning so fast I can't focus as the fleeting memories of my mother drift away into nothingness, "Ugh! What happened?"

"So you remember too?" Ashlyn quizzes, she and Aiden standing at the foot of my bed with Ben looming behind them.

"Remember what exactly?" I quiz; the last thing I remember was Ashlyn and Tyler nagging me to get some rest. We were taking turns sleeping and keeping watch and I was up for every shift because insomnia sucks. The clock wasn't working and the time was stuck at twelve...

"It's twelve ten," Taylor says while Tyler suddenly grabs me, his fingers curl around my left wrist, his eyes suddenly wide as saucers.

"Hey- what—" A wave of nausea suddenly hits me and I sprint out of bed. My vision blurs with dizziness. I'm gonna be so sick.