Chapter 17: Friends Don't Look At Friends That Way

It has been a year since YN and Tate decided to just be friends to figure shit out between them but it was really hard for YN to just be friends with someone they are completely in love with.

Tate started dating Outer Banks star Rudy Pankow (Side note he doesn't have a girlfriend) ,he is gorgeous so I wouldn't blame her for being with him but I do blame him for being with Tate, I hate when she falls in love with other people you could say it's control I just see it as wanting Tate again but with everything that has happened between us I think we do need the space to be friends and rebuild our friendship.

Of course we made things slightly hard to take the space we need by being roommates....
One day Tate was taking a shower and left the door slightly open I don't really know if she did it on purpose to you know mess with my head but I could not look I mean she's my ex so it isn't that weird well I mean it is but whatever.

Tate:
" YN can you grab me a towel I left it in my room!." Tate shouted out.

YN:
"Oh sure yeah hold on!."

I go to tates room and grabbed her towel. I go to the bathroom.

YN:
"I'll leave it just at the door."

Tate:
"No give it to me I am done with the shower."

I go in trying not to look

YN:
" here."

Tate laughs

Tate:
" you know you can look it's not like you haven't seen me naked before."

YN:
"Tate I can't look things are different now you have a boyfriend and we decided it was best to be just friends."

Tate:
" I guess you are right, this is harder than I thought it would be."

YN:
"It's only hard because we still love each other and dare I say it we still are super sexually attracted to each other."

Tate laughed again and smiles.

Tate:
Looks at her phone "shit, I'm going to be late for Rudy."

YN:
"Hurry you don't want to be late."

Tate starts heading to her room

YN:
"Hey Tate."

Tate turns around
"Yeah?."

YN:
"I'm happy that you are happy have fun alright."

Tate smiles and goes into her room, truth to be told I am truly happy for her but I wish it was us and yes it was my idea to just be friends just so that I could figure out myself and be a better person for her.

Tate walks out of the room on this:

I turned around and looked at her

YN:
"Wow you look amazing Rudy is a lucky guy Tate."

Tate:
"It's all for you baby." Tate said teasingly

YN:
"Tate stop it you know what that does to me."

Tate:
"Exactly." Tate said with a grin

YN:
"You should go you don't wanna be late."

Tate goes closer to YN and whispers in their ear

Tate:
" are you sure you just wanna be friends?."

YN:
"We both said it's for the best Tate."

YN said looking at her

YN:
"But you are making it so damn hard."

Tate smiles and walk out of the apartment.
YN sighed and made a cup of coffee and was about to sit on the couch until they heard a knock on the door YN went to the door opened it to find it was Findlay.

Findlay:
" hey, she went on the date then."

YN:
"Why wouldn't she, they have been together almost a year now."

Findlay:
"I know, when are you going to tell her you still love her."

YN:
" we decided it was best for both of us to just be friends nothing more."

Findlay:
" keep telling yourself that but we both know that friends don't look at friends that way, either you tell her you love her or you are going to lose her, it's only a matter of time before she gets married you know."

YN sighed

YN:
"You probably are right I still love her and I always will love her."

Findlay:
"Okay so tell her tonight when she comes back or you will regret if gift the rest of your life YN."

YN:
"I will tell her when she comes home."

Findlay:
"Good."

A few hours later Tate arrived home YN was in bed but woke up as soon as they heard her come and walked out the room.

YN:
"Hey you how was the dinner?."

Tate:
Stopped and looked at YN
"It was amazing."

YN:
"That's good to hear, look there is something I want to talk about."

Tate looks at YN who is going over to the couch

Tate:
"I have something I want to say too."

YN:
"You go first."

Tate:
" are you sure?."

YN:
"Yes."

Tate:
"Okay um... Rudy asked me to marry him and I accepted it."

YN looked shocked but tried to hide it

YN:
"Wow that's amazing congratulations."

Tate:
"Thank you, so now you what did you want to say to me?."

YN:
"It doesn't matter, Um I actually forgot I had some studying to do I better do It."

YN said getting up and goes into their room and closes the door with a slight slam.

Tate knew this would effect yn but after all they are friends so it shouldn't bother YN.