Untitled Part 23

The next morning, Alaric barged into Clariana's room, startling her awake from a dream that she forgot instantly. "What in the lord's name..." she said.

"Azazel wanted me to wake you up," he said. "We are going to do more training."

"Why couldn't he have told me himself?" she asked. Alaric shrugged. "Probably because of the awkward vibe between the two of you now. He probably feels like he doesn't want to bother you."

"There's an awkward vibe?"
Alaric nodded emphatically. "Uh, yeah. It is pret-ty obvious."

Clariana rolled her eyes. "Great." Now she would have to deal with the drama that came with it, and the gossiping.

She followed Alaric out into the hallway that led to the training room. Upon entering the room, Clariana felt a cold chill at the sight of Azazel's hardened expression. He was setting up the dummies that they used to practice fighting on, his face tense with focused determination. He looked up at them, and his gaze remained hard.

"Let's get this over with so that we can get on with the rest of our day," Azazel said. Clariana gulped.

For the rest of the day, Azazel trained Clariana and Alaric. Clariana felt very neglected, although she knew that her and Azazel's relationship was rocky right now, and that she had pushed him away. Part of her still missed him. Wanted him to comfort her. But he just remained cold and hard.

After training, Clariana began to walk back to her room, but Azazel stopped her. "Hey," he said gently. "How about we do something tonight? Just the two of us. Let's get a movie and some snacks."

Clariana's face flushed. Azazel had put distance between them emotionally all day, and now he wanted to spend personal time with her? She gulped. "O-Ok. That sounds fun." She forced a smile. Azazel gave a small smile himself.

They traveled to the movie store. It seemed like any ordinary human store; just a regular building with windows and shelves and cashiers. On closer inspection, though, Clariana noticed that the movie selection wasn't as normal. She noticed lots of blood, sex, and horror. Some titles she couldn't even look at, it was so horrible. She stared wide-eyed at Azazel.

Azazel shrugged sheepishly, "sorry," he said, "but it is hell. What did you expect? Narnia?"

Clariana shrugged and looked away. "I don't know if I want to watch anything that is here."

Azazel grimaced. "There might be something that you could probably tolerate. It's hell, even for demons. So you might actually like it."

"Hey!" Clariana exclaimed. "That's mean! Are you saying I have bad taste?"

"Horrible taste," he corrected. Clariana crossed her arms. "Hmph."

Azazel walked up to the young demoness at the register. "Hey, by any chance, would you have the movie Twilight in stock?" he asked. The demoness giggled, then blushed and looked away, then looked back up at him through lowered eyelashes. "Maybe," she said. "I'll check for you."

"Thank you. I appreciate it," Azazel said, oblivious. Or maybe he was ignoring it on purpose. Suddenly Clariana felt defensive and angry. She narrowed her eyes and walked in front of Azazel. When the young demoness came back with the movie in hand, she hissed.

The demoness flinched. "My apologies, demoness. I didn't know Lord Azazel was taken by such a jealous, insecure bitch!"

Clariana growled, then all self control left her as she screamed and leapt at the cashier with black eyes. "Woah!" Azazel exclaimed, grabbing her just before Clariana could catch hold of the slutty demoness.