Home ~2

As Zayn hugged his mother and she got teary eyes Marilyn wondered if she had done right by coming. Maybe he should spent time alone with his family, reconnecting with his roots. He seemed so in-place, like he really belonged. She had always had a nice smiling family, but no one that really got her completely, and it seemed as if that red door was the shelter of the place that built Zayn into the young man he is now with full-supported dreams.

And she wondered what that was like.

"Are you Marilyn?" A girl of about 8 asked, looking at her with the same eyes as Zayn.

"Yes I am, you must be Safaa." She answered, smiling at the girl dressed in pink.

"Yes!" She answered excitedly and smiling.

The other little girl came, slightly older than the last one. They were both so excited and cute. The little sisters Marilyn always wanted but never got, so fastly, the excitement rubbed on all of them.

Then came the older one she recognized perfectly from the pictures and small 'Hello's' they had shared on the phone.

"We finally meet! I'm Doniya." She said in a friendly way and hugging her, making Marilyn slightly awkward and startled at first.

"Marilyn, it's nice to finally meet all of you really." She answered smiling and going over to the parents.

"Hello girl! God you're beautiful, I can't believe it." The woman said. She looked so much younger for her age, Zayn was the living portrait of her, she was stunningly beautiful and fit for having 4 kids or for any circumstance really. She had this adoring smile that made Marilyn's heart warm up, as if she was so welcome.

"So nice to finally meet you Mrs. Malik." She smiled hugely, Zayn had only seen her smile like that once when thanking him for Romeo and Juliet. He was dazzled, and couldn't help but imitate her.

"Call me Tricia honey, you're part of the family now."

That couldn't make both Zayn and Marilyn happy as ever, so they glanced at eachother and with the mother senses she owned, Tricia inmediately realized the situation that Marilyn was oblivious to.

The introduction continued with the family man and they entered the house. It was quite humble to be honest, but she could see it had been renovated. Zayn had been very open before about how his family's economical state wasn't good before everything happened, but she never imagined he would have put so much investment in them, or at least she hadn't realized it. There were at least 1,000 pounds put into the place.

"So Mar, the house is a bit small, do you mind sleeping with Zayn? We'll put you in different beds of course." Tricia said in the living room smiling.

Zayn knew there was something under her sleeve and it was confirmed when Safaa opened her mouth.

"But Mommy, wasn't Marilyn supposed to be sleeping with one..." She started sweetly, tugging at her mother's shirt.

"Shhh honey remember we talked about her sharing a room with your brother, Doniya please go take the comforters out." Tricia interrupted the little one, making the older one furrow her eyebrows in confusion and dissapear from the living room.

After a tour and settling down in the room, Marilyn started unpacking as Zayn went downstairs to talk to his mother.

"Mom." He started.

"Yes honey?" She answered from the kitchen.

"Mom, what are you doing?" He said seriously from the other side of the counter.

"I'm making dinner?" She answered innocently as she chopped vegetables.

"You know that's not what I mean..." He answered.