Crumbling and Silence.

"Hello, love." Zayn said a week later, entering the apartment and finding his way to Marilyn's room.

"Hello!" She answered back sweetly, her hair in a bun while sitting on a chair writing with her glasses on.

"I have an amazing idea." Zayn started, wrapping his arms around Marilyn's back.

"What is it?"

"What about if you come with us, your sister and El to the signing? You guys talk a bit, maybe go shopping, and then we come home to a little surprise." He finished, his breath brushing warmly into her cheek.

"Sounds uh... Nice." She answered nervously.

"What's wrong?" Zayn asked worried, furrowing his eyebrows.

"It's just that... Won't rumors begin if I so freely join the 'Girlfriend Club's activities?"

"Of course not! In their eyes you're just Danielle's sister, they don't even know we live together." Zayn answered, getting a bit worried but maintaining his composure.

"I know, and I want it to stay that way, you know?" Marilyn said, pain in her stomach growing when seeing the hurt in Zayn's eyes.

"Marilyn this is one opportunity Dani and El didn't have. You get the chance to slowly be accepted by the fans, it's a great idea for you to actually show yourself. They'll love you, that way when we say we're together the hate won't be that big."

" 'When?' Zayn we agreed we would take it slow, no pressures. Meeting the fans is pressure." Marilyn answered, starting to get angry.

"Well, it's not like you do a lot of sacrifices, you know?" Zayn blurted out, not realizing what he had said.

"What do you mean? Are you saying you're more into this than me?" Marilyn answered, pointing at herself with her finger. By this point they were both standing while looking at eachother. "May I remind you who jeopardized the friendship in the first place?"

"Are you really going to play that card, Marilyn? Who is the one who is always making plans? The one who didn't run out to the streets? You are scared of any form of real human interaction, but you're also terrified of admiting it." Zayn replied, furious.

"We are both equally into this, Zayn! That's what you don't understand, all you want is recognition, for me to show more, but you know I can't." She yelled at the top of her lungs. "I am afraid, not of interaction, but affection and emotions and you've known it since the beggining. If you didn't want in then you shouldn't have done this. I'm going to ask you once more, do you want out, Zayn?"

She was on the verge of breaking down hopelessly in tears, and that was one image Zayn couldn't bare. Marilyn might seem tough on the outside, but she's actually fragile, and he saw that she was falling. In two ways. She was falling in love, but she was also crumbling, absentmindedly fading away into a world of preocupations that she wasn't emotionally stable enough for the hopeless romantic Zayn was. And that was the moment he decided he would stop her from falling and crumbling like an old building in Manhattan. That was the moment he decided to give her wings and support and love.

And that was the moment that, for the first time, they both actually kissed. They had given eachother small kisses here and there, but nothing ever like this.

That was the feeling of consumed love. The one way you could touch it, feel it. The one way it was tangible. Marilyn's hand gently grabbing Zayn's dark hair, and him mildly rubbing his hands up and down her waist, their noses lightly touching to catch a breath.

"I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry."

And for the first time they realized that it wasn't who said things first. Or who felt it more or less. Who was more in or more out. Who seemed absent or present. The one pushing or the one hitting the breaks. None of that mattered really.

Because, even if they didn't say it aloud...

They were in love.

~.~.~.

"Let's go!" Marilyn yelled excitedly from her bathroom, carrying her purse matching her red beanie.

"You're coming?" Zayn asked, smiling.

"Of course, I really want to meet your fans. Plus, I've got no twitter, I won't be able to directly read the hate." She answered sweetly, giving him a peck on the cheek.

"If that's what you want..." He said, opening the front door for her.

"Hey girls!" Marilyn chirped at the view of her sister and Eleanor.

"Hello!"

"How are you?" Eleanor asked, smiling.

"To be completely honest... I'm drowning in nerves." She answered, passing her hand through her hair as she usually did when feeling this way.

"You don't have to, you're just my sister. They don't even know you live with Zayn, don't worry." Danielle answered, rubbing her sister's shoulder comprehensively.

"Yeah, you're right." Marilyn answered, remembering no one knew the actual truth.

"Ok, let's go!" Eleanor said, smiling and dragging them behind the signing table.

"Excuse me." A girl of about 15 said. "Are you the girlfriends?"

"Yes!" Eleanor and Danielle smiled, Marilyn just staying silent.

"You too?" The teenage girl asked her.

"Oh no! I'm just Danielle's sister." She chirped with a smile on her face.

"That's too bad, I've heard you're a great girl. You should be with Zayn, you guys are so cute together!"

"Awww thank you!" Marilyn smiled shyly as she slightly hid her face.

As they started to walk back in their way, Danielle took a close look at her sister and how she had reacted to the fan...

Marilyn had blushed, had slightly hid her face, she had pulled on her cardigan's sleeves and lightly smirked. She had actually been touched by what the girl had said...

Her sister had feelings for Zayn.

~.~.~.~

"Hey babe." Zayn whispered to her ear as they took a break from signing cd's. "How's it going?"

"Good actually, everyone's been so nice!" She chirped in a louder tone for no one to suspect anything.

"That's great! Are you up for dinner at an actual restaurant later?" He said sweetly, no one being able to erase that stupid smirk out of his face.

"Yes I am." She answered, rubbing her hand mildly up his arm.

"Please welcome back One Direction!" The intercom spoke, interrupting the conversation.

"That's my que, bye!"

"Bye!" She answered happily, waving cutely.

"Marilyn..." Danielle said from behind her, making her jump.

"Yes?" She answered tranquile.

"Do you have feelings for Zayn?" Danielle asked.

And for the first time in a while...

Marilyn was speechless.

~.~.~.~

Hello!

I've been thinking about changing my username, what do you guys think?

Other than that, I'm starting winter break which means more updates! Yay :) 

I'm not following back anymore, but if you want me to, you just have to ask. 

Love you all to the moon and back...

~Montse.

vote, comment and fan.