Chapter 1

Welcome to the outer banks. A melting pot of different income's, values, and status. Some call it Paradise on Earth and I guess that's true if you're a kook. 

Here we have kooks and pogues, a long lineage and never ending rivalry. 

The kooks are the top of the socioeconomic food chain. Private school snobs with big yachts and  two houses. Vacation homes and expensive liquor and a massive sense of pride in hating pogues. 

Pogues are the realest most down to earth people not just on the island but maybe in the world. Instead of two houses it's two jobs. Slumming by on cheap beer, strong weed, and each other. 

Pogues and kooks were a forbidden combination, it was rooted in our minds that we hated eachother. Like oil and water, they don't mix. But then there was an exception. 

That exception was Laney Franklin. 

Laney Bellows was born a pogue but turned a kook. Her parents came into a large sum of money, when her dad's estranged mother died and left them ten million dollars. God knows why. With this mysterious new fortune the Bellows opened up a construction company that now builds just about every new building or house you see on Kildare Island and racks in millions each year. So after eleven years of life on the cut Laney had no choice but to pack up her belongings and move into a super kooky mansion on figure eight.

That didn't change her though, she still lived her life as a pogue and always would. She hung out with her same best friends, wore the same clothes, and was still the same joyful high on life girl she always had been. Her parents let her finish middle school with her friends but then for high school she was sent to the kook academy.

When Laney Bellows first went to the kook academy she was quiet. She didn't know any of these people personally, just knew that they hated her and saw her as scum cause she was a pogue. But overtime she got more comfortable and started getting along with some of the kooks she thought were nothing but horrible people.

She quickly began showing her bubbly personality in classes and being well liked throughout the school. She was still a pogue but in some eyes she was a pogue - kook hybrid. She had kook friends and even kook love interests. Thanks to Laney Bellows there was a halt in the pogue vs kook war. 

The kooks backed off of the pogue's because all the girls wanted to be her friend and all the guys wanted to sleep with her. And the pogue's backed off the kooks because they stopped terrorizing them. 

In the end they all did whatever made Laney happy because nobody wanted to feel the wrath of her boyfriend. 

But this was all in the past now. 

Laney and her crazy overprotective boyfriend were broken up and it was messy. The kooks sided with him and the pouges sided with her, reigniting the reign of terror on the island. 

Tensions were high between the two tribes, Laney and her ex haven't talked since their break up, and summer was just gearing up. Alcohol would be flowing, fists would be flying, lips would be connecting, and treasure hunts would be in pursuit. . .?