Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

            Alex began stirring, after being asleep for who knows long. Just because he was awake didn’t mean that he was fully aware.  He nuzzled into what he thought was his fluffy pillow he always slept with in his bed, but even in his unaware state he realized that his fluffy pillow didn’t breath. He ever so slightly reached his hand out and felt a chest, a very warm chest.

            “Hello, there,” Rodney said with a grin only he could see.

            “I forgot where I was. What time is it,” Alex’s voice was tight and quiet. His nap had given him a short lived break from reality.

            “Oh, s***! It’s a little after midnight. I must have been more tired than I thought after pulling an all-nighter last night. I don’t know what your excuse was,” He said after checking his phone.

            “Midnight? My mom’s going to kill me,” Alex whined putting his head in his hands. Two days in a row of not coming home was going to be more than his mother could tolerate. He was definitely in for it.

            “Do you want me to take you home or?” Rodney asked trailing off. He didn’t particularly feel like taking Alex home because the blonde held some sort of magical sleeping properties, a few more hours with Alex, and Rodney would be caught up on his sleep.

            “Could you please? My mom has probably called the cops by now or worse.”

            “Yeah,” Rodney relented yawning, “sure. Just let me change into something that doesn’t squeeze my balls.”

            “Rodney,” Alex scolded lightly. He wanted to laugh, but he just couldn’t.

            “Sorry,” Rodney apologized with a smirk playing at his lips. He sat up and stretched before getting up and going to his room. He dug through his drawers until he found a suitable pair of sleep pants and a t-shirt. Once Rodney changed he was walking back to the loft when he heard someone hollering for him.

            “Hey! Are you two up?” Rodney’s older sister called from down stairs. She had been waiting for them to wake up ever since she got home from work and saw them asleep on the futon, but didn’t want to wake them. She knew how much trouble her brother had sleeping.

            “Yeah, I’m getting ready to take him home. Do you need anything?” Rodney stiffened at the sound of his sister’s voice. He was sure she would be asleep at this time of night.

            “Oh, don’t bother,” she said making her way up the stairs, “I called his mother already and told her where he was as soon as I got home from work. I met her the day she enrolled him, she wanted to make sure he would have someone competent to go to if anything happened.”

            “Was she freaking out?” Rodney said rubbing has hand across his face. He had never met Alex’s mother but the way he talked about her, it didn’t seem wise to panic her.

            “A little, but she said he could stay. It worked out perfectly for her because his father had to work late and she said there was a family emergency with her sister. She had to go out of town and won’t be back for a couple of days,” Rodney’s sister explained when she got to the top of the stairs, where Rodney met her.

            “D***, that’s lucky. Alex was losing his s*** afraid she was going to rip him a new one.”

            “She seemed pretty upset, but I couldn’t tell whether it was from her family drama or her MIA son. Wanna explain to me what’s going on?” Even though she was old enough to be his mother she still acted more like a cool older sister most of the time.