୨ ᶦᵛ ୧

ᴏᴍɴɪsᴄɪᴇɴᴛ                        ɴᴇᴡ ғʟᴀᴍᴇ

"Mija!" Tanya shouts up the stairs.

"Yeah?!" Onika shouts back and Tanya looks at her nails. "Yes mami?!" No response. "I hate when they do this." Onika mutters before standing.

"Onika!" Tanya shouts.

"I'm right here mami. You and your husband should really stop doing that." She says descending the stairs.

"I do what I want." Tanya smiles at her child. "What are you doing up there?" She asks and Onika smiles.

"Where's Kody?" She asks her mother.

"He went to the races with papa." Tanya responds.

"So I'm your next best option?" Onika smirks.

"You know what- you can go back to your room. I'll go grocery shopping by myself." Tanya shrugs.

"Wait- I'll go." Onika says before darting up the stairs to put on a pair of pants.

"Thought so." Tanya says as she jogs back down the stairs.

"Let's go Mami." Onika says before stepping into her crocs.

"How's school going mija?" Tanya asks as she locks the door.

"I've never had to study this much in my life." Onika huffs. "Everything is harder this year." She pouts.

"It'll all be worth it in the end reina." Tanya smiles grabbing her hand.

~~~

"Dad it's only been a mon-"

"And you're already sitting at a b minus in three classes!" Matthew shouts at her.

"They're harder this year dad. I ca-"

"You can't what?" He grits at her.

"I- I-" Beyoncé pauses as her mother enters the house.

"Get out of my face Giselle!" He shouts and she quickly grabs her laptop before exiting his office. "Solana!" He shouts.

Bey enters her room and sits at her desk with tears streaming down her face. She tries to regulate her breathing as she continues typing her paper with shaky hands. Her father often did random grade checks with his girls, and if he didn't like what he seen all hell broke loose. He had spent the past eight minutes yelling at and berating her.

AP Stats, AP Anatomy and AP Literature were kicking her ass. She studied, but the Stats wasn't clicking, she got a 47 on her muscles practical in Anatomy, and she'd completely forgotten about a paper in her literature class. Valedictorian was looking real Chunky right now.

"Put that down. Let's go." Tina says as Beyoncé wipes at her tears.

"Huh?" Bey frowns looking away from her laptop.