one

chapter one
im here. you're not,

silenced car rides between (y/n) and sae itoshi has always been pretty much a regular thing. they drove his convertible to the airport, windows rolled down. the hot air hit her face, already messing up her styled hair. comfortable silence with him was something she always looked forward to.. but not this time.

she turned to look at sae beside her, who was focused on the road ahead — his jaw and fists clenched. she knew he felt the same way she was feeling right now.

the reason being purely on the fact that the two had to go back to japan since their visas were expiring soon. the place where they had left everything behind and moved on... or rather, that's what they like to say.

"i don't want to go back" he reminded once again — making this over a thousand times he told her this. she muttered a small agreement with him. her head drooped down, but just enough to still see the concrete road ahead of them, which seemed like it could go on for an eternity.

she hated it there. the gloomy and traumatic presence lingered in it's air, staining her lungs with it — which apparently, she was still trying to get rid of. she was still trying to get rid of him.

rin itoshi. she missed him. ironic, isn't it?

well that's the thing about first loves. you never really get over them. the worst type of stain that could stain you forever — the kind you could try to get rid of over and over again but it never truly disappears leading you to having to cover it up, hiding it.

but she knew she had no rights to be crying over him because she was the one who messed it all up. she left him in order to chase after her own dreams. she moved on from him — she told herself and everyone around her but deep down, she knew she was lying to herself.

HE knew she was lying to herself and to him. so he stayed, he wasn't a patient person but he tried. 

multiple times, she had tried to move on but he never did and or even tried to, at all because he hoped she would come back to him. and even if she didn't, he would eventually be the one to come to her.