eight

chapter eight, red is her favorite color

chapter eight,
red is her favorite color

"you forgot this when you first left japan"

(y/n) quietly stared down at his hand that he held out to her. placed on his palm was a red scarf — the one she accidentally left with him back two years ago. the same one he had on back.. then.

"oh haha.. you still have that?.." she chuckled lightly hoping she would be able to overcome this pain that was currently building up in her chest. and she finally had the courage to look up at him, her eyes meeting his.

"i still have everything you gave me." he boldly said right after she finished my sentence, not giving it a second thought.

"i also still have that dragon.."

..

"what?.. why would you bring that up?" she cringed when he said this, was that really necessary? she gave that pet to him in a video game when they were way back in middle school. he didn't even like playing that game. it had been over six years since that. she was surprised he still remembered.

"i don't know. i said it because they were both red" his brows furrowed, it seemed like he was trying to find out what he said wrong — but he knew damn well.

he just wanted to see her happy.

"gosh, you're so random!" this time she smiled, but like — a genuine one.

his heart skipped a beat when she smiled.. that laugh, those eyes.. and whenever she did, the small dimples on her cheeks would light up along with her smile, he loved that part of her so much — it made him want to pull her close to him and kiss her lips all over again.. but he shouldn't. so he fought back the desperate urge to.

"(y/n) (l/n), you failed your maths test. you got the worst score in the whole class. i'll be giving you detention for that.. how did it even get that bad?" the math teacher sighed and gave the girl a look of disappointment all the way over from his front desk, he could not believe

"wait wait.. what?! no way! sir you have to be joking!" her hands immediately shot up on the table — a loud slap echoed through the room when the palm of her hand and the wooden desk interacted.