𝔁𝔁𝓲.

. . . . . ╰──╮✰ ✰ ✰ ╭──╯ . . . . .

‎‧₊˚✧ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ✧˚₊‧

‎‧₊˚✧ᴀɴ ᴀᴘᴘʟᴇ ʀᴇᴅ ᴀꜱ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ✧˚₊‧

______

"It's Painful To Say Goodbye To Someone

You Don't Want To Let Go

But More Painful To Ask Someone To Stay

When You Know They Want To Leave."

______

Angie and Mary Margaret were making breakfast together when the door unlocked. Angie glanced up briefly to see Emma walking into the apartment before looking back down. Mary Margaret didn't look up at all, simply continuing to pour orange juice. "Oh. Thought you'd left."

"Mary Margaret," Emma tried.

"But I couldn't tell for sure, because you didn't bother to say goodbye. You remember when I left? When I ran, what did you say to me? You said, 'We have to stick together.' That we're like... family."

Emma lowered her head in shame. "Yeah. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have left."

"You're right. You shouldn't have," Angie snapped. "Why the hell did you even run off in the first place?"

Emma sighed and placed her hands on the table. "I don't wanna be Sheriff. I don't want people relying on me. I don't want this, any of it."

Angie rolled her eyes and took a sip of orange juice. Mary Margaret finally stopped what she was doing and looked up at Emma. "What about Henry?"

"Took him with me."

Angie put her juice down on the table. "You abducted him like a little green alien."