A Girl Called Karma

K.O's point of view

I don't remember what I did to deserve this.

I sat up in my jail cell, rubbing my eyes and thinking back to where this all started
When this all started.

I remember someone talking bad about Tavern and I remember seeing red. Then I remember Tav giving me his jacket and saying goodbye and Piper dropping me off at a new orphanage. Back then I was K.O, for experiment code Ko1, or for knockout if you happened to upset me. I spent a few months at that orphanage before getting adopted by Cole and Parker.
I still remember the schedule

5:00am: wake up
6:00am: breakfast
7:00am-9:00am: Reading and art
10:00am-11:45: counseling
12:00pm-1:15pm: lunch and free time
1:20pm-4:00pm: cleaning duties
During cleaning duty time there was absolutely no talking, so at first, we spoke through sign language
Then we spoke through sounds when the guards caught on.
4:30pm-6:00pm: math and science
6:15-7:00: dinner.
8:00: we report back to our cramped bedrooms and go to bed.
Well, everyone else went to bed. I stayed up reading.

I only got caught once, and was sentenced to detention. That sucked, I was starving until dinner time. It was a very overwhelming schedule, and every day felt so repetitive. Nothing new ever happened, and I hadn't made a single friend. I missed my life outside of that orphanage more than anything.
But no one was coming back for me.
So, I threw myself into art, at the age of 7 I wrote my first song. I learned to draw very well and did a lot of acting. I exceeded every last expectation set for me, but it still was never enough. Because I was alone.
One day that all changed though, the day my story started.