An Eye For An Eye

Karmas point of view

The next few days I spent thriving off of my bloodthirstiness and animalistic rage. One day I had just enough energy to pull myself out of bed. I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror and my eyes were baggy despite having been in bed for half of a week. I looked pale and weak. But the one thing that bothered me the most was my hair. The red of my hair to be exact. The one girl who said she loved it was dead. She wasn't going to come back so what was the point of keeping it. I took in a few shaky breaths while cutting off my hair, but the red roots of my hair kept magically growing back slightly each time. Eventually I gave up. I bought some supplies for my first swing at Fordam. I was serious when I said they were going to pay. I gave myself two weeks of preparation, and I definitely prepared.

I was on my way to my first stop

————————————————
Cole's point of view

I was closing up the shop, sweeping any excess hair up off the floor, cleaning the countertops. Suddenly the music I had playing cut off, along with the lights. I looked around, panic rising within me. Suddenly a voice took over the speakers.
"Do you feel guilty?" It asked,
"Who are you? I'm warning you, get out of my shop!" I stuttered, ignoring the question
"I said..." I heard footsteps coming my way, "do you feel guilty?" It asked again,
The lights flickered on for a split second and I saw a person with red and black hair and a demon shaped mask. The lights went back out and she got uncomfortably close to me. She shoved me into one of the chairs and increased the height of it.

"Do you remember?" The voice asked.
"Remember what?" I asked in return.
"Your daughter." It said,
"Ryme? What about her? She's home now."
"Oh, she is? Well that's good to know, but I mean the other one." The voice said,
"What other daughter?" I asked tiredly,
This anomaly's breathing became as disheveled as its hair, it grabbed me violently and threw me against one of the chairs by the sink where we usually wash a customer's hair. Suddenly it took off its mask and revealed herself to be the child I had completely failed. The one I've tried so hard to forget.
"K.O?"

"They call me Karma." She said, clogging the drain and filling the sink up with water. She held my arms back and shoved my face into the water. I started to struggle and I dislocated my arm. I screamed in pain and she lifted me up for a breath.
"Now's your chance to say your last words" she said, I was panting, "no? Nothing?" She asked,
"WAIT-" I yelled, but before I knew it my head was underwater again. I struggled more and then eased into exhaustion, which turned into peace and tranquility as I started to lose consciousness...

Thankfully, she pulled me out of the water and threw me onto the ground. I started to cough up water, gasping for breath simultaneously. My eyes couldn't stop welling up with tears and I barely see.
"Consider this my warning." Karma said before using what looked like power enhancers to form fire and had it scatter on my floor. Once she walked out, my shop bursted into flames. Debris started to fall around me and I was running out of oxygen. I got up, my knees buckling, and trudged towards the door.

Sparks of things burning flew at me from nearly every direction, and I got burned damn near everywhere. The pain was excruciating. When I was finally coming up on the door, a wooden slab from the structure of my building collapsed and hit me. Off of pure adrenaline, I made my last bound towards the door and fell out of the shop. I fell unconscious, and the last thing I heard was the sirens of the fire truck.

When I opened my eyes I was in a hospital, my ex-husband, Parker, and our daughter Ryme by my side. Memories of the incident were rushing through my head. My husband was now a firefighter so I was sure he was there when the incident had happened.
There were news reporters filing in, along with officers. It's funny, in Fordam, a city of fame, heroes, villains and unluckiness, you'd think they would have a better story to report on.
"How did this happen sir? How did you drown and burn all in the same day?" One of them had asked. Parker was quick to try and usher them out but I muttered something. The room went dead silent as everyone looked at me. Parker took my hand and softly asked me to repeat myself.