What the fuck

Vera's Pov: 

"Am I being too clingy Claire?" I looked at my daughter who just gave me a puzzled look.

"I don't think so, I mean I miss Gavin just as much." Ever since she has been gone I couldn't focus on my work at all. I leave the living room area and approach the front door.

"What is taking her so long to come back?" I mumble, making my way to my car. I get inside and make my way to my work office. As soon as I arrive the guards bow and greet me, while I make my way to the top of the building through the elevator. Whatever is happening with her, I pray she stays safe. I crack the door to my office open and I see someone sitting there, my heart starts beating faster expecting her to be sitting there. It wasn't her and my heart dropped seeing who it was, a family member, one who I had thought I'd never see again.

---------------------

Amara's POV:

Why did he do this? I told him I didn't want to be the next alpha, yet he didn't listen. Just what on earth is he thinking? I take a second to look around my surroundings and take a deep breath. I feel myself getting calmer and a lot more steady.

'Evergreen, what the hell am I supposed to do about it? I really can't kill him because his partner is the daughter of my partner. I can't be impulsive about this you know.'

'Now that I think about it you're right, we can't-' 

'May I say something Master?' Guinevere interrupts. 'Go ahead.' I respond.

'Don't you think it would be better if you were to talk to him? It would help clear things up if he tells us why he did that. If he doesn't say anything about it, it raises suspicion.' She was right, I should talk to him. I can't do anything rash and cause problems for the people I care about.

'I will.' I start walking back to where I had last seen Gavin. As I started clearing the path back to where I had seen him, I Started smelling blood in the air and when I paid more attention to it it smelled like Gavin's blood. I start running toward the source and then I see him on the ground with someone hovering over him. I ram into the person on top of him and tackle them. As I backed up to look at who it was, I heard Gavin getting near me. The person below me catches me off guard when I look to see who it is. They throw me off and get up off the ground while I catch myself and get up. It was a woman that I knew from back as a child, but never really knew. Her name was Yvette Flores.

"What the hell is your problem?!" She yelled at me. 

"Why are you yelling at me?!" I yell back at her. I took a second and looked at her, she looked furious. Her nostrils were flared and she was breathing heavily, Yvette looked at Gavin and let out a deep growl. 

"Tell me why he smells like my mate!" I was taken aback by what she said. Her mate? As far as I can remember since we came here, he was near me, everyone in the room, and the alpha. Something isn't adding up.

'What the fuck is she talking about' Evergreen sounded just as puzzled as me.  I looked towards Gavin trying to read his face and he looked... terrified? What the hell is going on? 

"What are you even talking about? He wasn't with your mate, he was with me the whole day, and he already has a mate." I looked back at her and tried to understand what was happening, but nothing made sense. "Okay hold on, who even is your mate?" Gavin opens his mouth to speak but I put my hand up. He grabs my hand to drag me away from this conversation, I yank him back on the ground.

"You know her, her name is Claire, Claire Volkov."

"What the fuck?!"

--------------------------------------------

This was small of a chapter you must forgive me♥♥ Anyways I haven't been posting because I was focused on Graduation and now we gotta wait for June for that.

How have y'all been doing??? Make sure you all are eating and drinking well. The next chapter will come out soon.