Chapter 8 - Company

REVISED

• • •

Wednesday flew by faster than you anticipated, and the Sports Festival seemed to be approaching much sooner than expected. The urgency was palpable, with everyone feeling the pressure of intense training.

Everyone was mainly focused on making a strong impression, not just for the festival itself but also for potential future internships and opportunities. The atmosphere was charged with a mix of stress and determination as everyone pushed themselves to excel.

Despite the stressful days leading up to this, you found a moment of respite as you sat with Tokoyami, Sully, Tsuyu, and Hagakure for lunch.

It was your first time meeting Tsuyu and Hagakure, and you were pleasantly surprised by their warmth and kindness. They were much sweeter and more approachable than you had anticipated, adding a comforting touch to the busy day.

"Ugh, I'm so stressed out for the Sports Festival!" Hagakure exclaimed, her frustration evident. "What makes it even worse is that it's going to be broadcast live on TV," she added, letting out a groan.

"You wouldn't be affected as much," Tsuyu said, trying to offer some comfort. "You're invisible, so you can just hide from the press if you mess up." However, Hagakure remained unconvinced, her anxiety still palpable despite the reassurance.

It was somewhat surprising to realize that Hagakure was in Tokoyami's friend group rather than Jude's. Her dynamic and bubbly personality seemed like it would align perfectly with Mina's, making it clear they might be best friends if they spent more time together. Their similarities were striking, and it felt almost natural to imagine them in the same circle of friends.

"Yeah, Tsuyu has a point." Sully commented dully.

You let out a giggle at Hagakure's dramatic reaction to her friends' attempts to comfort her. It was comforting to see that you weren't the only one feeling stressed about the upcoming Sports Festival. Seeing others share in the anxiety made you feel a bit better, knowing you weren't alone in your concerns.

"The rest of us are gonna have to deal with the news reporters and everything," you started, sighing. "I wonder how Bakugo would handle that.." Tsuyu joked.

You chuckled slightly after picturing that visual in your mind. "At least that's one way to scare them off," you added. Everyone let out a slight chuckle at your comment, agreeing.

"Let's switch the topic! This is making me even more nervous!" Hagakure admitted anxiously.

• • •

You sat at your desk, the soft glow of your desk lamp illuminating the notes scattered in front of you. You were deep in thought, debating whether to stick with your routine and head out for your daily stroll to the convenience store, even though it was still early evening.

The quiet of the room was suddenly broken by a knock at your door. Startled, you looked up from your work, a mix of curiosity and confusion on your face.

You furrowed your eyebrows as your gaze darted towards the hallway.

"(Y/N)?" the voice at the front door called out.

Your eyes widened in recognition as you saw who was at the door, and you nearly stumbled out of your chair in surprise. Quickly regaining your composure, you called out, "Hold on!!" as you hurried to answer the door.

In a sudden panic, you scrambled to make your space presentable. You darted around, picking up stray papers, clothes, and miscellaneous items scattered across the floor.