Chapter 35 - The Calm After The Chaos

A/N
been awhile! im back ofc 🤞🏼 i just wanted to apologize for not updating in a while. school has been ON MY ASS. but i promise to get back to updating regularly. tbh idk if anyone is still reading this far into the story, but im gonna continue uploading anyways lol. i even had to catch myself up from how long i've been gone, so that's smth. anywho.. enjoy this chapter! 💘

• • •

With the combination of Iida's engines and speed, he flew toward the ice ramp Todoroki had quickly created, where Jude would use his light beams to launch everyone into the air to swoop over and grab Bakugo by the hand, ultimately rescuing him.

Todoroki's ice ramp and Jude's light beams propelled everyone high above All Might and All For One, sending you, Iida, Jude, and Kirishima up into the air while Yaoyorozu and Todoroki stayed behind. The force of the ascent created a gust of wind that felt surprisingly refreshing, almost invigorating. As you were lifted into the air, the cool wind rushed against your face, offering a brief respite from the intense tension below.

All For One quickly noticed your sudden upbringing, having been caught off guard. All Might swooped into the situation and punched All For One, sending him stumbling backward slightly.

"Now! Say it now!" Iida tells you, signaling to call out for Bakugo to take ahold of your hand and save him from the villains that were continually attacking him. From down below, you noticed Himiko, looking up in your direction with glistening eyes.

"Bakugo—grab my hand!!" you shouted, hoping he'd take this proposition. You, along with the rest of the group knew how stubborn he was. Kirishima originally offered to be the one to call out to Bakugo and grab ahold of his hand since they were technically friends, but you injected your thoughts into why you should be the one to do so.

You knew in some way, no matter how big or small, you knew you needed and wanted to repay Bakugo for technically 'saving' you from Himiko and the rest of the villains at the scene in the forest.

You knew you two didn't get along as well, nor were exactly friends and spoke, but you wanted to try.

You wanted to prove to him that you weren't going to 'stand back' and watch from the sidelines after he'd told you that you shouldn't have come to U.A. if you weren't prepared to encounter a villain at any time; since that's what a Pro Hero encounters on the daily.

His statement affected you more than it should've. Especially since you wanted to live up to your mother. That wasn't something you wanted to hear from anyone, let alone someone who thinks they're superior to everyone else.

You didn't exactly care what Bakugo thought, but you were starting to feel more empathetic from when you first came to U.A. All of these internal struggles, relationships you've made, battles you've fought—you've come way too far to let someone down. Especially your classmates.

They've proved to you several times that they have your back, and it was only fair for you to have theirs.

Upon coming to U.A., you never intended to jump into socializing—let alone make friends.

Yet, here you were. With many amazing people surrounding you.

You couldn't help but feel more grateful. You knew deep down Bakugo might've felt that same way, as did everyone else, so you didn't want his journey to end here.