Chapter 32 - Altercations

A/N
hey everyone!! i'm SO sorry for the late update, this chapter is super super choppy, but i honestly just wanted to get something out since it's been awhile. i've been so busy, but i'll try to get back to updating regularly 🙏🏻 i hope u enjoy this lowk choppy chapter! 😭

• • •

From that night on, the training camp was almost like a breeze. It consisted of countless training activities, and a lot more burnouts, and overworking everyone's bodies.

You could have sworn you lost ten pounds by the end of it, with all the intense training sessions and adrenaline-fueled battles. Your favorite part was pushing everyone to their limits, testing and challenging each individual's strengths and weaknesses. Your main enjoyment stemmed from watching how Bakugo handled that.

Other than that, you couldn't exactly remember much because you weren't primarily focused on that—to which, you should've been. But instead, ever since that first night when you and Jude kissed, every night after that you two would sneak out onto the terrace after everyone was sleeping and makeout.

It seemed like some cliche bullshit, but you'd never experienced teenage love before, and this was.. an experience to say the least.

Except, the two of you weren't officially dating. You hadn't had the conversation about what you were to each other, largely because you weren't sure if you were ready for a relationship. Your primary focus was on your training and hero duties, and this clandestine romance felt like a distraction, something that might pull you away from your goals. The guilt gnawed at you, making you question whether you should be indulging in these secret nights at all.

No one else knew either—at least, that you knew of.

You knew at least one person knew because of the figure standing in the boy's cabin doorway, but that was only that one time that you'd seen them when you would snuck out onto the terrace.

Whoever it was, you just prayed they wouldn't tell anyone or say anything. That's the last thing you wanted was for whatever the hell this was to 'get out'.

It was the last night at the training camp, and in the midst of making out, you abruptly pushed Jude away when you heard a noise. Flustered, you stood up and tried to wipe the embarrassment from your face. Your eyes darted around the terrace, scanning for the source of the sound. Jude stumbled back slightly, looking puzzled. "Something wrong?" he asked, his eyes searching yours for an explanation.

You huffed, feeling paranoid. "I swear I heard something," you spoke quietly. Jude raised an eyebrow, "Huh?"

You continued to look around, an uneasy feeling picking at you. Without answering Jude, you gently released his sleeve, which you had been clutching tightly. "It's probably nothing," he said, attempting to brush off your concern while still standing close to you. But the tension in the air lingered, leaving you both on edge.

Then, the rustling from down the balcony, into the forest trees, sounded again. Jude's eyes and attention darted back to you, having heard it as well. "Maybe it's an animal?" he suggested, scratching the back of his head. You turned around slightly, looking down at the forest below. Your eyes trailed around the premises, focusing intently, trying to discern what could be causing the noise.

Suddenly, your attention was caught by something in the distance. As your eyes trailed back up, gazing across the forest, you noticed a small spark deep within the trees. It was difficult to make out exactly what it was, but it emitted a faint blue glow. Initially, it appeared to be a small light, but then it began to grow larger and larger, casting an eerie illumination through the forest.