When? | [The Twins]

Kind of short, since I thought of this while I was taking a bath lol

My writing is shit because of writer's block :(

Also putting those border thingies on the titles because I realized choosing a chapter is like choosing a blind box. I'm gonna edit the titles after I post this chapter :)

-----

Ever since the death of their father, their mother never really was the same anymore. She couldn't even take care of herself, and them. The death was too much for her to handle.

And Taylor knew it. But it did so much to Tyler.

He never got the chance to rest anymore. He's the man of the house ever since their father died. He has to wake up early in the morning to make breakfast for his twin and their mother, and he and Taylor had to be the ones to fix their mother before going to school.

It was tiring for Taylor, but Tyler never seemed to complain.

They never got the chance to even feel like being a child. Tyler saw it as childish, since he is the man of the house.

Their neighbors were kind enough to help them, giving them money and food at times, because their mother didn't look like she wanted to work anymore.

To at least support and contribute, Taylor got into mechanical engineering, so she could take jobs in the future to support her family. Tyler chose baseball as a way to college, since that's the game that reminded him of their father, so he wanted to follow his footsteps.

Taylor always wondered something. She always wanted to ask Tyler a question, but she was always hesitant whenever she finds herself, so she just shrugs it off.

But now, it felt like every since part of her brain wanted her to tell him. She knew it would be risky,

Laying down on the bed, she looked up at the ceiling, and looked down. She could see Tyler on his phone, probably texting his baseball group or something. She cleared her throat, as she spoke. "Hey Tyler?"

Tyler looked up, to see his twin looking at him. He closed his phone and hummed in response.

Taylor took that as a sign, so she took a deep breath and sighed. "Can I ask you a question?"

Tyler nodded. "Yeah, what's it about?"

There was a moment of silence between them. Tyler was about to say something, until he was cut off.

"When do you think we'll feel like a complete family?"

.

.

.

There was no response from him.

Shoot

She knew she messed up, so she quickly said. "Wait- ah sorry- it's a stupid question, no need to answer it.."

She looked away from Tyler, as she tucked herself with her blanket, as she stared at the blank ceiling again. She knew she should've said it, and Tyler would be mad right no—

"Soon." A soft spoken voice said from Tyler. It was weirdly reassuring, especially from someone that was usually angry at the world and abrasive.

Taylor immediately jolted and looked down, to see him with a soft smile on his face.

"Well, it might take a long time but at least it's worth it, right?" He chuckled.

Taylor smiled warmly, and nodded.

"So we'll wait, and I'll be with you throughout this"

"I promise"

----------

I personally believe that when Taylor and Tyler were children, Tyler insisted that Taylor should get the top bunk (yes they have bunk beds because yes).

Also holy smokes half 1k words- this shoes how this is short asf.

I forgot to mention, this happened before they all met 😀