Be Mine

(Note: This chapter is gonna have a fun little twist. This will actually take place in the 80's timeline. Enjoy!)

It was a nice and sunny day in Funk Town. BF walked into Whitmore's Diner with his date, GF. So BF had a crush on GF for a good bit. He knew her from his classes and wanted to ask her out. But he just didn't know how. So one morning, he finally developed the courage to ask her out for a bite. He had hoped to get his feelings out to her during dinner.

"Aww, you're so sweet for bringing me here," GF giggled.

"I was debating between this and the arcade. But I figured I was thinking of myself more than about you," BF smiled.

"Oh, the arcade would have been fine. But this is just as nice," GF beamed.

BF pulled her chair out for her, making her smile. GF sat down and he pushed it in for her too. He pulled his seat out on the other side of the table and looked at her.

He didn't really know what to talk about. He's had little conversations with GF, sure. But nothing really much to make him feel all that comfortable.

"So, how has school been?" BF asked, trying to get something out.

"Oh, it's good. Courses are great, grades are high," GF smiled.

"That's cool," BF said.

"Hehe... yeah. But hey, we're out together. Let's talk about something other than school right now," she said, taking his right hand in hers.

BF looked up and blushed a bit, chuckling.

"Hey, I just want to get the conversation started. I didn't really know what to say," BF spoke.

"We can talk about anything pretty much," GF beamed.

The waiter came over soon after and they gave their order. BF and GF both ordered pizza bites with pretzels and side salads. BF and GF just stared into each other's eyes as they talked, listening to every word one had to say. They were so lost in each other.

The song Dancing With Myself by Billy Idol was playing in the background.

"Oooh, I love this song!" GF giggled as she bopped her head to the beat.

"This is one of my favorites from him," BF beamed.

"What's your favorite?" GF asked.

"White Wedding," BF said.

"That is such a good one! Mine is Rebel Yell!" GF beamed.

"That's a great one too," BF chuckled.

"What other 80's songs do you like?" GF asked.

"My personal favorites are Take on Me by A-ha, Thriller by Micheal Jackson, Every Breath You Take by The Police, and The Power of Love by Huey Lewis. Alot more too," BF smiled.

"I love The Power of Love too!" GF chuckled.

BF smirked and walked over to the jukebox that sat in the building. He took a quarter and put it in. He turned the song on and beamed back at her.