~SHARON~

Remember when they said that the universe is always there to help.

Well.....

I don't believe that shit, cause the universe has never helped me not even once.

Even after wishing for him not to show up, he did.

He actually did.

The night was so cold as we all sat round a table which was meant for the childrens while the adults were seating on another table.

"Abeg shift e, which one is Ayra Starr is finer than tyla"

That was Tare's sister, Chioma. The fair skinned beauty in front of me was talking or better yet arguing with Nneka and Tori about fine musician.

"Before nko?" Sola joined in the discussion making heads to turn to her.

Oversabi.

Don't get me wrong, I love my sister and unlike some other siblings, we were actually very close. Even if my dad has made it his normal duty to compare me to her every time, I still love her.

Like a whole lot.

"Chioma can you imagine this girls, how can you compare a south African beauty like Tyla to Ayra Starr?" Tori was the one that spoke this time.

She was the darkest of everyone sitting around the table. She was this average pretty girl, her braids were wrapped in a bun, leaving two braids to rest on her face. Unlike the rest of us who were putting on jackets because of the chilly night. She was only putting on a black gown which was hugging her tightly showing her curves. And to top it all, the dress had spaghetti hand on her shoulder. Showing her flawless dark skin in the dimming light at the back of the house.

"Abeg leave south African beauty and support your country. I agree with Sola and Nneka, Ayra Starr is better and more pretty."Ireoluwa supported Nneka and the other girls, Nneka blew her a kiss.

"Ikeoluwa abi?" The tall light skinned girl turned to her twin who looked like he couldn't careless as he only nodded his head not even looking up from his phone that has been with him since when they came in.

"What about you, tare. What do you think" as if on cue, everyone turned to Tare who was just eating is suya silently as he scrolled through his phone.

He was scrolling through Instagram.

I saw through my rear view cause he was seated beside me.

He looked up at Tori who asked him the question, I expected him to ignore her and he ignored me today when I asked him a simple question.

"Nada" was all he said as he went back to his Iphone 14 pro which I just noticed.

He changed his phone.

"Which one is nada?" Nneka questioned."Abeg oga answer simple question and forget all this your American language that you learnt from watching too much movie"

Tori and Chioma were the first to laugh, Nneka as well as myself–nit very sure about my self though–didn't like Tare.

He chuckled."is it by force to answer question again," he smirked this time." And besides, I don't like musician like Arya and Tyla. They are too slim for my liking. Ask us about girls like Ice spice and Megan thee stallion and we are ready to give you answers. Abi my guy?" He turned to Ikeoluwa holding out a fist bump and the Ikeoluwa in question too it.

"Exactly" he was saying, still on his phone and all the boys–Tare, Ik and ikechuku Tare's elder brother– started laughing Among themselves while the girls stared at them in awe. They didn't even know what they just did. if I wasn't mistaken, they just body shammed the two musician.