Chapter Thirteen: O'Hara

y/n's PoV:

- 08:17 -

Your eyes slowly open, before falling shut again. The room is drenched in light, the majority of which decided to hover just over your face. Pierre shifts in response to your slight movement, eventually turning away from you. At least it will shield him from the light.

Last night's contemplation must have been intense, as it's the first thing on your mind again this morning. You sit up, thankful that you're not hung over or anything like that. It takes you a couple of minutes to gather up the motivation to get up, but once you realise how sunny it is out, it feels a lot easier.

The bathrobe you wore last night is on the couch across from the bed - you slip into it again. The coffee machine gives off a low hum, as the liquid pools at the bottom of the creme coloured mug, while you head into the bathroom. A quick shower later, you open the balcony door, coffee, phone and headphones in hand, while being met by the humid warmth.

You place your things down on the table, before sitting down in the accompanying chair. You unlock your phone, glancing at the time: 08:41. Mary is definitively awake already, so you text her:

y/n: Mary? Do you have time to call today?

While you're waiting for her response, you plug in your headphones and check through other peoples texts. You respond to one from a guy you'll be working under at Haas. California Dreaming by The Mamas and The Papas. She responds, telling you she'll be free after four. You agree to a FaceTime call then.

- 09:03 -

Pierre steps out onto the balcony, wearing last night's dress shirt and pants... You pull out your headphones.

y/n chuckles: What's up Bullet?

Pierre grins: Oh so we're back to Fast and Furious quotes? I thought you didn't like the movies?

He leans down and gives you a kiss. It's still Gin-y.

y/n shrugs: I didn't, they're kind of boring, but Suki is super cool...

Pierre smiles: Fair enough.

He sits down across from you, rubbing his hands over his face aggressively. His hair is chaotic, his shirt is full of wrinkles and he seems tired.

Pierre sighs: Where'd you hide the Aspirin? I can't find it...

You say you don't know where it is. He has to look in the medicine bag.

Pierre: I did...

You give up, go inside, and immediately find it. He either didn't look, or he's blind. Either way is concerning - following that logic he shouldn't be able to drive a race car... You hand it to him with a bottle of water, and twenty minutes later the essence of life returns to him. He apologises about last night again, saying he didn't mean to become as snappy as he did.

y/n quietly: I told you last night already that it was okay-

Pierre shrugs: Not really though.