𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐛-𝐝𝐚𝐲

May 23rd | Oranjestad, Aruba

"Happy Birthday to youuu! Happy Birthday dear, FayeFayee! Happy Birthday to you," Faye's parents sang to her through the phone. She couldn't do anything but smile. "Thank y'all so much," she said with a wide smile.

"You're so welcome, Munchkin. We wish you the happiest silver day in the whole wide world. And we want you to know that we love you so much and we are so proud of all of your success," Fatima told her.

"I love y'all so much," she blew then a kiss. "We love you more. Tell Jarvis we said hi, and you guys have fun," Derrick said. "I sure will. I'ma talk to y'all later," she said.

She hung up the phone and went into the bathroom. She turned on the lights and looked at herself in the large mirror. She'd noticed that Jarvis wasn't in the room with her, but she figured that he was just in the fitness room working out.

She ended up getting herself together and tried to get herself in the birthday spirit. Her birthday was just...well, her birthday. She was never overly excited. Just glad to have seen another year on Earth.

She found it strange that Jarvis still hadn't came to see about her yet, but she tried not to trip.

She just put on a regular lounge fit because she don't know when and if they were going to do anything. She wore a Skims marble colored long slip dress and her deep blue D-Way sandals, and her regular Van Cleefs her other necklaces.

When she was done, she opened the door to the room and heard music from downstairs. She went to go further investigate. When she arrived to the bottom of the stairs, the sight she seen was shocking.

Her hands flew to her mouth and she walked down the path of summer time. He knew she wasn't the biggest fan of roses, so he made a walkway out of all different types of colorful flowers.

When she got to the end of the hallway and the beginning of the livingroom and the connected kitchen, she seen Jarvis sitting the island that was filled with gifts, breakfast foods and more flowers.

"Baby?" she said lowly with a smile. She looked around and seen the effort and the love. That was ALL she wanted!

"Happy Birthday, Mama," he smiled.

Her eyes stung with tears as she approached him with wide arms. He stood from the counter and embraced her in a hug.

"It took you long enough to come down," he chuckled. "I was trying to get myself together," she laughed as they pulled away from each other.

She looked around at all the decor. This trip all around had been marvelous. He was pleasing her in so many different ways and showing all of his love languages.

She never wanted it to end.

"So, you like it, right?" he asked. "Do I like it? I love it! Everything's so beautiful, but the biggest part of all of this is the effort and love you put into this. And I love you for that," she said.

"I just wanted to show you how much air really appreciate you for giving me another chance to redeem myself," he told her. She smiled. "I'm glad I did."

***

"Jarvis, we gotta get pet butterflies. Like for real," Faye said seriously. "I didn't know we could do that," he entertained her, even though he knew she was just caught up in the moment. He opened the sliding glass door to the private beach, where another surprise awaited her.

"Yeah, we just gotta find out where to get-..." Faye paused. It was like a part 2 of this morning. She just smiled. "I don't even know what to say, J," she said.

On the beach was a dinner set up with an outdoor cinema screen. There was a touch of all the fancy food she liked with a 2-tier cake in the middle.

"Just tell me that we not gon let no weapons formed against our relationship prosper," he said. Without a word, she held out her pinky. He latched onto hers with his pinky and they shared a kiss on the lips.

At this very moment, it was like no one else existed on the planet. Their love was like a shield around them.

The real question was "Would it be enough protection?"

***
The Next Morning...

Faye'd had an amazing birthday trip. She was so thankful for everything that was done for her. It was like their relationship had taken a step further.

They were currently about to leave to go back to Atlanta. Lord knows they don't want to leave, but they'd be back someday.

Faye was packing up everything and double checking each one of their bags when Jarvis' phone started to ring. He was just not getting out of the shower.

"J, your phone's ringing," she said loud enough for him to hear. She didn't look at it because she never did. "Who is it?" he asked from the bathroom. "Some random number," she peered over to the phone and scrunched up her face.

He didn't say anything else. When the call ended on its own, she saw text message notifications. She was never the type to go through her partner's phone because it was an invasion of privacy, but this time, she couldn't help but the look; At least at the previews.

Her face fell flat when she seen all of the text messages and other messages. She knew his password, but she'd already seen enough. Her mind was racing with worst case scenarios, but the thoughts abruptly paused when she heard the door open.

Jarvis noticed the obvious mood change. 20 minutes ago, she had been bubbly and she had an immovable slight smile. Her face was now cold and vacant, but she was fuming inside.

His face filled with panic, as she sensed her building-up anger. And at this moment, he had no clue how to de-escalate the situation.

"So you wanna tell me why the fuck Paige is calling your phone?"

***
𝐀/𝐍:

"𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐢𝐧'𝐭 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧"

- "𝐃𝐨𝐨 𝐖𝐨𝐩 (𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠) | 𝐋𝐚𝐮𝐫𝐲𝐧 𝐇𝐢𝐥𝐥

𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚𝐡𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐬