𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

December 14th | Atlanta, Georgia

"Well, Mommy, he has cologne and clothes. What do I buy a man who has everything?" Faye asked her mom as she browsed the Lululemon rack. "Well, what is something he's always asking for?" Fatima asked.

They were currently shopping for the men in their life...and themselves. Christmas was coming up, as well as Jarvis's 27th birthday.

He had money, so that meant he had everything. Any materialistic thing, he could buy. So that meant that there was nothing else left for her to buy.

She dug deep in her mind, trying to find the smallest thing to go off of. This was hard because he never asked her to buy anything for him. He wasn't the best at recieving the gifts.

He'd only ever asked for something that money could never buy. Attention and affection.

"He only ever asks for my time and affection," Faye told her mom. "So give that to him," she smiled. "I give him that everyday," Faye said.

"Well, FayeFaye, if he's constantly asking for it, then you probably don't give it to him as much as you think you do. You are a busy woman. And he tells me that's what you two mostly fall out about. And you both have different maintenance levels, so your views on things may be a little...different," Fatima said.

Faye chuckled a slightly offended chuckle. "Umm...what're you tryna say, Mommy?" she asked.

"Oh, nothing, Baby! I'm just saying that you may be a little more low maintenance than he is. I mean I can see that Jarvis is much clingier than you are. I'm only saying that you may think you're doing enough because that's what you require, but he's different," Fatima further explained.

"So...I'm not doing enough?" Faye asked.

"Munchkin, I am sure that you compensate in other areas, but it doesn't sound like he has your undivided attention a lot of the times," her mom said, "That's all I'm saying."

"Well, I'm trying my best. Like, what else am I supposed to do?" she shrugged. Her mom sighed. "I didn't say that you weren't, FayeFaye," Fatima said.

"Okay, Mommy," Faye said, grabbing the navy blue Define jacket off of the rack. "Your attitude is still out of this world. Because I didn't even mean it like that," Fatima said.

"Mommy, I said okay. I don't have an attitude, I just said okay. Damn," she said, mumbling the last part very lowly. "Whatever, Faye. Watch that mouth though," Fatima rolled her eyes.

Faye kissed her teeth and started her way to the fitting room with her $500 worth of things she didn't need. "I can't with this damn lady," she said under her breath.

Fatima sighed and kept looking through the rocks of clothes. They weren't supposed to be shopping for themselves, but they were.

As Faye started trying on the clothes, her phone started to vibrate in her purse. She got it out and answered Jarvis's FaceTime call.

"Wassup, Baby," he said. "Hey," she smiled, propping the phone up on the bench.

"What you wanna eat later?" he asked. "I really want Mexican," she said. "Cool. I land in a few hours, but I'ma go work out and then I'll be home. We can go dine in if you want to," he said.