𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐨𝐬

July 27th | Atlanta, Georgia

Faye put on her sunglasses as she walked out of the lobby and to where valet was holding her car. "Thank you, Tony," she said as he opened the door for her.

She put her computer bag and purse on the passenger seat and put on her seatbelt. Her phone automatically connected to the radio, so music started playing.

She looked at the time, already aware that she was late. Late to dinner at her parents' house. She knew she would have to face the music once she got there and did not want to deal with it. She was already overstimulated and in a bad mood, but it would be worse if she canceled.

It was definitely her fault that she was late because she didn't leave early like she promised. Plus, she didn't even have to work on a Saturday. She had also been avoiding her parents. And Jarvis.

Good thing they were all in the same place.

She'd already been receiving messages from her boyfriend about her tardiness. And she responded "Ok." to all of them.

From those messages alone, he knew she was in a bitchy mood.

Faye started driving to her parents' house, trying to prepare herself for the conversation they were going to have. She was just over everything.

She needed a drink.

It was like she started getting her life together, then something so small happens, and she's knocked off the grid again and has to start over.

She was tired of starting over. She was at her wit's end.

After about a 45 minute drive, she was finally pulling into her parents' drive way. She saw Jarvis's GMC Sierra in the driveway as well.

She sighed as she parked and turned her car off. She grabbed her purse from the passenger seat and removed her sunglasses. And that's when she realized she forgot her crocs at home.

She just got out of the car and locked the doors before going to front door. She unlocked it with her house key and walked in.

She heard talking between her parents and boyfriend in the kitchen. She sat her purse down on the foyer table and got her phone out before walking further into the house.

She walked down the hall to the kitchen where everybody was.

"Oh my goodness, is it FayeFaye?" her mom sarcastically asked. "I think it is," her father added on to the joke. Faye plastered a sarcastic smirk on her face for a split second and wiped it off just as quick.

She sat down in a barstool beside Jarvis, who she failed to greet, and got on her phone. He just didn't say anything.

"You're late, Faye," her mom said. "Mommy, I was at work," she replied. "Okay, but you told me that you were getting off early," Fatima said. "I couldn't get off early enough. I'm sorry," she said, texting her coworker back.

"Well, God forbid you put your phone down for a second and talk to your family, and I don't know, maybe greet your boyfriend. Oh, and you might actually make time for your loved ones because you've missed two dinners and church," her mom kept going, "Oh! And you might actually act like you wanna be here," Fatima added and gave a sarcastic smile.