Chapter 9 - Avoidance Is Not Key

REVISED

• • •

"You sleep through anything,"

You heard a faint voice coming from the kitchen. As you opened your eyes and tried to focus, everything around you remained blurry. It wasn't until you noticed a figure moving around in the kitchen that you fully came to your senses. You remembered what happened last night and felt a rush of realization.

You woke up with a slight twitch in your eye, the result of the sudden realization that you had to go to school that day. As you gazed out of the window in your living room, you noticed that the sun was just beginning to rise, casting a warm glow over the landscape outside.

Suddenly, you sat up straight, feeling a rush of confusion as you realized that you weren't sleeping on the hard, cold floor. Instead, you found yourself nestled on something much softer and more comfortable.

It was the couch—Jude must've hauled you up onto the couch when he woke up which was most likely way earlier. "You're still here—?" you croaked with a tired voice. Jude glanced over at you, heating up some soup assuming from the smell.

His expression was slightly blank, "If I weren't, who would've woken you up in time for school?"

Your eyes widened out of embarrassment after clearing your throat. You must've looked like a mess after a sleep as good as that one. Embarrassed, you stumbled up onto your feet and rushed to your room to change into your uniform.

Your mind was flooded with a torrent of thoughts, each vying for your attention and pulling you in a different direction. It felt like an overwhelming maze of questions without any clear answers, making it impossible for you to focus on any one thing. The chaos in your mind was like a stormy sea, tossing and turning with no calm in sight.

You hastily slipped on your uniform, your entire face remaining a bright red tone. You knew you had to come up with a plan for school if anyone suspected anything. To be blunt, you felt like a complete bitch for letting another girls's boyfriend sleep at your house.

Though, you didn't do anything physical with him, so why did you feel so guilty?

After slipping on your uniform and fixing up the rest of your appearance, you rushed outside of your room in a rush while yanking a sock on. Jude's eyes trailed over to you out of confusion, "You good?" he questioned.

You slipped over your foot once you heard his voice. You winced as you stumbled forward on the ground. "I'm so sorry," you couldn't articulate your thoughts, having barely acknowledged him this whole morning.

You could feel the stress building up inside you, and in an attempt to calm yourself down, you groaned slightly and ran your fingers through your hair. As you sat there, lost in thought, you suddenly noticed him walking towards you.

He knelt down on the floor beside you and handed you a small bowl of soup. You were surprised to see that he had cooked it himself while you were still asleep. His kind gesture instantly melted away your worries and you felt a sense of warmth spread through your body.

You gently took the soup from him after he stood back up, holding out his hand. You gently placed the soup onto the living room coffee table next to you. Both of your hands latched onto his as he hauled you up. "Thank you," you told him afterward.

"(Y/N), you really shouldn't be this stressed. I mean seriously, I don't think anyone would notice. Plus—Vienna knows I'm here. She was the one that was worried about you that night." Jude explained, "And.. it's not like that." he made sure to add.