Chapter 4- Time for the First Prank of the Year

The first prank that the Marauders do each year has to be grand and spectacular. One year they managed to turn an entire classroom into chocolate, and I do mean everything. Another year they filled an entire hallway with bubbles, soapy color-changing bubbles. Another year they filled random students' cups at breakfast with a dizziness draught, causing at least twenty-five students to pass out.

The Marauders, everyone but Misty is present, are currently sitting under a tree near the Forbidden Forest. They go over different prank ideas, shooting them down as soon as they are suggested. It was kind of sad to watch and the reasons for dismissing the pranks were just as stupid as they were being, which was very stupid. Cyril eventually has enough of this pathetic conversation, stands up, and starts to walk away.

"Hey! Where are you going, Cyril?" Sirius says visibly annoyed

"I am going to find a solution to our problem because right now, this..." Cyril gestures to the five of them, "Is pathetic and sad, and very disappointing."

"Well, when you put it like that, yeah it does. Stupid Little Mousey anyways." Sirius mumbles the last line as Cyril walks away. The other three just laugh at the exchange.

Cyril enters the castle and heads to the library where Misty is currently reading about magical creatures. He walks into the library and heads to the far corner, Misty's favorite spot. As he approaches, Misty hears him coming and looks up from the book she is reading. The book was about rare dragon breeds. Cyril walks up to her and sits down across from her.

"I need your help."

"With what?"

"Pranks." Cyril sighs.

"You know how I feel about that."

"I know, but everyone keeps shooting down any ideas that people come up with. It's sad and pathetic."

"Well, that's not uncommon for that to happen."

"True but it's even worse this time. James almost hit Peter because of this."

"Damn! Really? I would've expected that from Sirius, not James."

"Yes. Now will you please give me an idea? I know you have hundreds in that book or yours. All I need is one idea. Please, Misty." Cyril pleads. You can tell he is desperate because of his tone, and you can see it in his eyes.

"Fine." Misty sighs. "Why not turn one of the corridors to ice or something?"

"That is a great idea! Thank you, so much!" Cyril exclaims as he hugs her. "I owe you one."

"Yeah, whatever. Just get off of me." Misty pushes Cyril off as he chuckles. 

"Oh, have you decided if you will put your name in the goblet?"

"Not yet. I'm still thinking about it."

"Okay, I just thought I'd ask. Anyway, thanks for the idea. I'll see you later."

Cyril walks out of the library, because you don't run in the library, and then makes a beeline for the forest. He runs out of the castle, down the hill, and towards the group. He somehow manages to do that without tripping once, it's amazing. After a few minutes, Cyril finally returns to where the others are. 

"I have an idea." Cyril says between breaths.

"Well, let's hear it." Sirius says impatiently. 

"Calm down Puppers. You're like an excited puppy, only not as cute and way more aggressive." Cyril smirks. 

"How about you stop running your mouth and just tell us the bloody idea already?" Sirius snaps.

"Fine, jeez.' Cyril raises his hands in defense. "Okay, the idea my source gave me is turning one of the corridors into ice." Cyril nods his head slightly, proud of his idea. The other Marauders nod in agreement to the idea.

"I like it. Let's do it." James says and the others agree with him. 

"Source? Who's this "source" of yours?" Sirius asks skeptically.

"Seriously Sirius? That's what you focus on? Not the brilliant prank idea, but that?" Cyril's expression changes to (-_-) (I dont know how to describe it so that's what yall get)

"Nice, joke." Sirius rolls his eyes. "And yes, that is what I am focussing on. the prank is a good idea, I like it. But who is this so-called "source" of yours?" 

"It's no one important. And I'm not going to tell you, so drop it."

"Fine, be that way Little Mousey." A smirk forms on Sirius' face as Cyril glares at him.

"Anyway, let's get planning this prank that "The Source" gave us." Peter interjects in an attempt to change the subject. Misty was now, from then on, known as "The Source". 

They start planning the prank, what corridor would be the most effective to hit, who would do the spell, who would create the distraction, and most importantly their escape route. This would involve Misty, as she is the only one competent enough to keep them out of detention. Or at least lessen the punishment. Usually getting Misty to agree to this was a bit of a challenge, as the only ones she would even consider listening to are Cyril and Remus. These two are, in her opinion, the smartest of the five. The roles of the marauders, according to Misty, are as follows: Remus and Cyril are the masterminds, James is the ring leader, Sirius is the brawn, and Peter is the loyal follower. And for the most part, she isn't wrong. Misty's roles are the scapegoat, The Source, and the glue. 

Authors note:

Sorry, I didn't post last week or earlier this week, I had finals. I still have a few more things that I need to do, but I should finish them by the end of the week. And then I can get back to posting more regularly. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter, and sorry it's short. Things should be starting to pick up, and there may be some drama ahead. Thanks for reading and I hope you are enjoying the story.