Reading Period

*Milla*

I woke up when a wet cloth collided with my face. As my eyes blinked open I registered Eleanor looming over me, fully dressed in school uniform.

"What time do you call this!" She all but screams at me.

****Time Skip Because I'm Lazy****

WE WERE NOT LATE! Eleanor all but murdered me with trying to get me out the house but as a result we were on time!

We rushed of to assembly and took our seats next to Liam and Archie. Around 10 seconds later the headmaster walked in. He started rambling on about the importance of risk-taking (me and Eleanor groaned quietly. He gives the same speech every year!) then invited the deputy head to inform us of upcoming events. He mentioned the concert and how tickets were on sale and how we should all show up to support the performers. I already knew all the details as MLA Rocks are performing. He then started speaking about the Prom and I saw Archie and Lily look at each other. I squealed internally. I also saw Elias looking at Eleanor but she was pointedly ignoring him. I looked around and my eyes landed on James. He was sitting around 2 rows in front of me and OH MY GOSH he looked cute! Not that he doesn't, but still.

I started paying attention again after staring at James for around 5 minutes.

*********Time Skip to after assembly ends*******

Me and Eleanor made our way to English which was a reading period (literally Eleanors favourite lesson tied with history and drama). We sat down next to each other and Eleanor pulled out To Kill A Mockingbird (she's read it before) and I pulled out a book that basically tells Shakespeare stories but without the old words. I started on Romeo and Juliet (my favourite). Out of the corner of my eye I saw James get up and begin talking to the teacher. Me and Eleanor sit rather close to the front of the classroom so we hear everything they say. The conversation goes like this:

"Miss. I don't have my book."

"And why is that Mr Xu?"

"I was in a rush this morning and thought it was already in my bag. Turns out it wasn't."

"I see. Well, you'll just have to share with Milla." OH. MY. GOD! Did she really just say that! I can't have JAMES reading over my shoulder! I will literally combust!

James comes over and sits next to me. Eleanor nudges me in the ribs and I look over to see her silently laughing at me. I stick my tongue out at her but I feel myself blushing.

"What are we reading?" He asks sliding into the empty seat next to me.

"Shakespeare." I say. He smiles.

"Well, like not the old English. More like the basic jist of the plot."

"Nice." He says. Suddenly he seems to turn nervous.

"Hey look, um my friend Jason. He's having a party and well, um, this week, and, yeah...he said we can bring friends and I was wondering if you...uh...if you wanted to...you know, uh...if you wanted to go with me?" MY. HEART. EXPLODED. Not trusting my voice I just nod my head and he grins his head off. I chuckle to myself not believing what just having is real.

"I don't really have many friends at this school and Jason wanted us to bring more than one so you can bring some of yours, if you'd like." I nod again.

I can't stop smiling for the rest of the day. 

Please Feel free to comment about this book or chapter

Lots of Love

- Millyborn2001