Part 15

She could hardly capture how fast her body reacted to his savage kiss and she got all worked up again. Pressing her lower half tautly against his crotch, she laid her arms around his neck and held him in a firm grasp. 

With a smirk, Gabriel pulled back, then cupped her face.

"Woah, I feel as if you were in that very special mood again, darling. Not that I would disagree but... I think it would be a lot better if you had something to eat first and then, if you still feel like it, 'and' aren't as drained as you are now any more, I will gladly tend to that little special nub with my mouth for hours." He pleaded and Nathalie sighed.

"Fine. But I feel like eating a lot. And I mean a lot. It's really odd. A few hours ago, I didn't even know that I was pregnant and right now, I already feel all these little things I didn't even notice before." She told him with a soft, loving voice, while one of her hands moved downwards and settled on her lower abdomen, cupping it tenderly.

The blissfully smiling man bent down to kiss her again. 

"What would you like to eat, dear? Any cravings already?" He asked her sweetly.

Nathalie shrugged. 

"I'm not sure right now. How about something we just need to warm up? Because I am rather impatient right now. Just like you were back then, when you came to my bedroom window every other night!" She mocked him.

"As if you didn't like my nightly visits back then. I still feel bad for causing all the things that happened after we got caught. If I hadn't been too loud, there might have been a chance..."

"Stop it, Gabe! We've talked about that already. And don't  forget, if things had gone a different way, Adrien wouldn't even exist. And we certainly don't want to think about that, right?" The pregnant woman scolded him.

"Oh Nath, I know that you're right. But I missed you so very much. If only... Let's just talk about something else. You still haven't answered the food question. Any wishes?"

She all of a sudden had an idea and called out.

"We could make some sandwiches. With cheese and maybe something like, I don't know, uhm... How about... I've got it! Mushrooms! And maybe some mustard. Or even better, some honey-mustard relish. That would be delicious!" 

"Whatever you like, love. Warm or cold? And is there anything else I can bring you?" Gabriel asked her with a grin.

But Nathalie just shook her head and told him.

"I want to come and take a look into the fridge. Maybe there's something I didn't think about which would be even better than the mushrooms. I just... I just need your help for it. Because I don't have enough strength left today to make it into the kitchen and back up here!"

As the weeks passed by, Gabriel and Nathalie grew closer than they had been ever before. Adrien and Marinette often joked about them, being like conjoined twins, because neither was ever seen without the other anymore. The strength in the woman's legs had slowly returned eventually, and even though she couldn't walk very far without her crutches, she could finally move between her most frequently visited places inside the mansion without them. Those places being mainly their bedroom, the bathroom and the kitchen or dining room. And of course the office because she insisted on continuing to work as it made her feel useful and therefore helped her heal faster.

The day of Nathalie's first appointment with her gynaecologist had already arrived and her and Gabriel were both very excited. Neither of them could wait to take a first glimpse at their baby.

Adrien watched them when they were all having breakfast together and smiled, when they eventually were finished, and the couple was about to leave. 

"Please text me as soon as you're finished. I want to know everything about my little brother or sister, yeah?" He proclaimed as soon as they were standing up.