⋆7

It became a frequent occurrence for Jake to bring Milli around with him while they were all having their meals

It became a frequent occurrence for Jake to bring Milli around with him while they were all having their meals. Jiwon couldn't blame the Australian boy for that, he didn't know anything after all, but it didn't change the fact that Sunoo still felt bad about it.

There were times when Sunoo had no choice but to walk away from the table, having seen Jake and Milli act all lovey dovey with each other. Sunoo had disappeared once again today leaving the boys in the lunch hall.

Jiwon was aware of where Sunoo might be, the rooftop and made her way there to comfort the boy in any way that she could. Just like she had predicted Sunoo was sitting on the rooftop, his legs flung over the edge as he stared out in the distance.

"How are you doing?" Jiwon asked the boy, taking a seat beside him.

Sunoo thought about it for a moment, "I don't really know, it hurts to see someone that I had a crush on be with my best friend. But Jake looks so happy with her and I just feel so lost about it."

Jiwon put her hands on his shoulder as a form of comfort, "I get that it must be hard, maybe you and Milli just weren't made for each other. Trust me, you're going to find a girl as well."

"I hope so, I think that I'm starting to move on from Milli now. She and Jake really look happy together and I want them to continue being like that."

Jiwon smiled hearing Sunoo words, immediately wrapping the boy into a close hug. The boy reciprocated her actions as he also brought his arms around her. The two of them were like this for a moment as they pulled themselves close to each other.

What Jiwon and Sunoo didn't know was that there was someone standing in the distance, who hadn't managed to catch the words exchanged between them. Someone who happened to mistake their friendly hug as something bigger than that.

⋆ 

Jungwon's sudden bitter face didn't go unnoticed by Jiwon, the boy barely bothering to speak with her during class.

"What's with the sudden mood swings?" Jiwon jokingly said, expecting Jungwon to reply back. But she was met back with nothing other than a glare, before he returned his attention to the work they were given.

Sunoo who was sitting on the desk beside her leaned over Jiwon's ears whispering, "What happened to him?"

Jiwon shrugged, just as curious to know why Jungwon was in such a bad mood. Jungwon didn't say a single word to her, leaning absentmindedly against his car, waiting for the girl to arrive. On the drive back Jungwon didn't even reply to Jiwon every time she spoke or asked him a question.

It was safe to say that Jiwon was getting more and more pissed by Jungwon's behaviour as the day went by. And she eventually gave up the moment they reached their reached home. Jungwon was in his own world, quickly pulling his shoes off so that he could get away, but Jiwon didn't give him a chance.

She aggressively yanked Jungwon by the collar so that he was facing her, "Yang Jungwon, I get that you have been in a bad mood the entire day but could you at least be considerate enough to reply to others when they are talking to you."

Jungwon had also been trying to contain his anger, but Jiwon's words became the fuel to the fire inside of him, "And why do you care so much? It's not like I mean anything to you."

Jiwon was left in utter shock at Jungwon's words, "You think that you mean nothing to me? Are you even hearing yourself right now? I have been after your ass the entire day, asking you how you have been, making sure that you are feeling okay and you're trying to tell me that you mean nothing!"

"Of course you don't care about me, you're always so inconsiderate of everything that I do for you. You'd much rather be around other people than with me right?" Jungwon was just barely hanging on at this point.

"What are you even talking about Jungwon?"

"Sunoo, Sunoo is who I am talking about. I see the way the two of you act together."

Jiwon scoffed at Jungwon, unable to believe what she had just heard, "What do you mean 'I see the way the two of you act', we are fucking friends."

Jungwon sarcastically laughed at the girl, something that Jiwon didn't find funny at all, "I saw the two of you at the rooftop today, it's so obvious to see that something is going on between you two."

"Yang Jungwon are you being fucking for real right now? You think that there is something going on between me and Sunoo, well I hate to break it to you but you're the only person that thinks that way." Jiwon shouted

"Then how are you going to explain what happened on the rooftop? You two hugged."

"What and you think that people can't hug in a friendly way? Sunoo was feeling sad, fuck he has been feeling shitty for the past week and I happened to be the only person who noticed. Maybe if you were a better friend you would have noticed as well."

"Don't tell me how I should treat my own friends." Jungwon was glaring down at Jiwon, his eyes darkened but the girl was so lost in the heat of the moment that she didn't even care.

"I think that I have every right to tell this to you. You are acting all impulsive, coming up with your own ideas. I thought Sunoo meant more to you so why are you all like this!"

The last words from Jiwon caused Jungwon to break from his moment of anger, "I thought I meant more to you."

And as she stormed away he wondered, if maybe he had been acting too impulsive.