⋆12

"Why do I feel uninvited?" Jiwon snapped, glaring at Jungwon and then at everyone else who was now staring at them

"Why do I feel uninvited?" Jiwon snapped, glaring at Jungwon and then at everyone else who was now staring at them. "I will make it up to you," Jungwon offered, his gaze filled with remorse for keeping everything hidden from her. Jiwon rolled her eyes in response.

"I wonder what else you're hiding from me," she muttered, pouting slightly. Jungwon couldn't help but smile at her teasing remark as the referee blew the whistle, signalling for everyone to get into their cars and line up for the race to begin.

"You better win," Jiwon said, looking at Jungwon with a mix of encouragement and playful challenge. Jungwon broke into a smile "I never lose" before pulling her into a hug and planting a kiss on her cheek, leaving Jiwon dumbfounded.

Sunoo looked at them with disgust before rolling his eyes, and the others burst into laughter, oblivious to the tension between Jiwon and Jungwon and the intense glare directed at Jungwon from someone who seemed ready to cut him in half.

"And Jungwon wins the race again, beating his own record! Congratulations to YJ for his 300th victory!" the MC announced, sparking cheers and screams from the crowd. Heeseung and Jake dashed toward Jungwon, enveloping him in a bear hug, followed closely by the rest of their friends.

Jiwon stood frozen, her mind struggling to process the revelation of Jungwon's 300th victory. "300th victory?" she muttered, her shock evident.

Before she could grasp the full extent of his achievement, Jungwon approached her, wrapping her in a warm embrace. Though she hugged him back, her mind was still reeling with questions. How long had he been racing?

Ni-Ki stepped in, playfully pulling them apart. "Okay, enough hugging for today," he teased, earning a glare from Jiwon. Ignoring her, Ni-Ki rejoined the conversation with the others, leaving Jiwon to ponder Jungwon's remarkable feat in silence.

"So, how are you gonna make it up to me?" Jiwon questioned Jungwon as they made their way to the car. Jungwon chuckled at her inquiry. "Buckle up, it's gonna take 40 minutes from here," he informed her, holding the car door open for her.

Despite her not liking the dark, being with Jungwon made Jiwon love it more. Throughout the ride, they hummed along to the songs, enjoying each other's company in the peaceful atmosphere.

Suddenly, Jungwon stopped the car on what appeared to be a hill. They both stepped out, and Jungwon sat down on the edge, motioning for Jiwon to join him. She followed suit, sitting beside him and gazing out at the breathtaking view before them.

"This is so pretty," Jiwon remarked, mesmerised by the scenery spread out before her. Jungwon, however, replied, "Yes, it is," but his gaze wasn't on the view—it was fixed on Jiwon.

"Sing a song, Wonnie," Jiwon said, looking at Jungwon with a playful glint in her eyes. Jungwon smiled at her request before responding, "You first."

Jiwon nodded in agreement. "That's a deal," she replied with a grin.