My Brother's Keeper

Maria's POV

I woke up in the morning with a smile on my face. 'Is it because of Klaus?' I ask myself as I get up and look at my reflection in the mirror. My hair was messy and I had a tired look in my eyes. 'Caffeine and a shower' I tell myself before I walked into my bathroom.

While I was in the shower, I couldn't help but think of Klaus. 'It was fun at the Grill' I think even if I did have a few to drink. 'Maybe....' I think and shake my head. Klaus and I don't really fit into a relationship anymore. 'Unless it's just me...' I sigh and try not to think as I finish my shower.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After my shower I spent some time at Starbucks. I got my caffeine fix, had some breakfast and worked on some of my songs. It was a long time since I finished making a song. I barely got time to finish them when I was in New Orleans because of all the stuff that went on. In that aspect it was nice to get away and have a vacation, but at the same time I got homesick. It was okay because I also liked Mystic Falls.

When a few hours passed, I got a nice cold frappe and left. As I drove, I noticed something going on at one of the houses. I stopped, got out, and saw Caroline.
"What's going on?" I ask her, even though she wasn't really a friend.
"The Miss Mystic Falls pageant." She said. "I'm getting it ready."
"They still have that thing?" I ask and take a sip of my frappe. "It doesn't look like you're doing much." Caroline rolled her eyes.
"Waoh, woah, woah!" She said to people who were passing us. I looked to see that they had flowers in their hands. "Those flowers go in the back as indicated by the floral chart you had plenty of time to memorize." I roll my eyes.
"Control freak." I say in a singing voice before walking around. I looked around and saw a small stage. There was some people on it, but I walked over anyway.
"You can't be on here...." They said to me.
"Go take a break." I compelled them so I could have the stage to myself.

I put my stuff down and fixed some of the stuff. As I did that, I started quietly sing a song I was writing to myself.
"How did I know I would find you on stage?" I heard Klaus ask. I stood up and turned around.
"Hey...." I said and stepped towards him. "Are you stalking me?" I ask him as I moved some cords to the side.
"I was just wondering what time I should pick you up tomorrow." He said as I sat on the edge of the stage.
"Who said I was going to go to the pageant?" I ask as I look at him.
"It would be perfect for our date luv." He said and sat next to me. I try not to smile.
"Would you be wearing a tux?" I ask, remembering how good he looked in a tux. 'I haven't seen him in a modern one though' I think and realize Klaus was staring at me. "What?" He just gave a small smile.
"Yes." He said to me.
"I'll think about it." I said and stood up and went over to some speakers.
"I'm assuming you're going to give a performance." I shrugged.
"Maybe just to piss of the control freak." I said, referring to Caroline.
"So, you will be here tomorrow." Without looking I could hear Klaus get up on the stage and look at me. I turned towards him and he was giving me puppy dog eyes. I would be lying if I said my heart didn't melt. He looked so innocent and hot. 'I just called him hot' I think and give him a smile.
"Okay." I said with a smile. "But you have to get me corsage." He nodded.
"I'll see you tomorrow." Klaus said before kissing my cheek. I felt myself blush even though I tried not to. I watched Klaus walk off the stage and I let out a deep breath. 'This is real. I actually have a date with Klaus' I took a deep breath and sat down. I took out my little notebook and found I had muse to finish one of my songs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Caroline eventually through a temper tantrum when she found out I compelled the people to take a break. Then I may have threatened to cut off her hair if she didn't leave me alone. It was hilarious to me. It wasn't important though, I just wanted to finish the song. I felt like the song would be more of a party song, but it could be slowed down for the pageant.