The Memorial

This is the second chapter to Behind The Scars. Some of this chapter isn't how I originaly had it planned, but I think it turned out a little better. 

- I hope you all enjoy it! (:

_________________________________________

General POV

Maria woke up and just stared at the ceiling. It felt like hours before she got out of the bed to take a shower. She was staying in a hotel after she slept with Klaus because he had left town. He didn't say if or when he was coming back. Maria didn't worry herself over it because she was over him. As she took the shower she thought about checking up on Damon and Stefan. Maria knew that they were both dealing with Elena becoming a vampire and it wouldn't be pretty between the brothers.

_________________________________

Maria put on a Tshirt and shorts before going to the boarding house. She walked in and let her hearing lead her up to Stefan’s room.

“Miss me?” She asked which made Damon and Stefan look at her.

“Maria...” Damon said in slight shock.

“Your brother didn’t tell you I was back?” Maria asked him and looked at Stefan. “Or are you too distracted by Elena...?” She raised an eyebrow and Stefan remembered the other day when she was trapped with him and the others.

“Stefan wants her on bunny blood.” Damon said as he looked from Maria to his brother.

“Shouldn’t it be her choice?” I asked Stefan.

“If I can get her used to animal blood right off the bat, then maybe we can bypass all the horrible stuff I went through.” Stefan said as he packed some stuff.

“Or you’ll just make it a million times worse.” Maria said as she leaned against the wall.

“You’re just a ray of sunshine, aren’t you?” Damon asked sarcastically.

“I’m being realistic.” Maria said as she looked at Damon before looking back at Stefan. “No newbie vamp will handle animal blood before eventually falling off the wagon and going on a murder spree.”

“Elena’s not like that.” Stefan said without looking at Maria.

“So she’s like my sister?”

“She’s nothing like your sister.” Stefan said as he looked at Maria.

“So then what made you both fall in love with her?” Maria asked and both brothers looked at her. “I’m right, aren’t I? You both love her.”

“She won’t be able to handle it if she hurts someone.” Stefan said, choosing not to add on to what Maria said. “Her compassion is her Achilles heel and everything is heightened right now.”

“You better hope she’s not a fan of Bambi then.” Maria said.

“She needs human blood Stefan, from the vein.” Damon said, adding to what Maria said.

“You name me one vampire that didn’t kill at least one person when they were new.” Stefan said without looking at Damon.

“Name me one that went on a bunny diet and didn't kill dozens.” Damon said as he stared at his brother.

“If she kills someone, she could crumble. How much pain do you think it will take before she turns off her humanity?”

“It happens to the best of us at least once.” Damon said.