The Five

General POV

It has been a few days since Maria spoke to Klaus. She knew what happened with the werewolf venom and Klaus healed her. A part of her wanted to stay and talk to him, but she left. Maria went back to the boarding house and spent time with the Salvatore brothers. When she wasn't with the Salvatores, she stayed at Rebecca's house. Rebecca was still her best friend and they could bond over not liking Klaus at the moment. Rebecca was also like a sister to Maria.

Maria stepped out of her shower and wrapped a fluffy pink robe around her body. When she walked into her room, she saw Rebecca sitting on her bed.
"Took you long enough." Rebecca said as she read a book. Maria rolled her eyes before seeing what Rebecca was reading.
"Is that my diary?" Maria asked, but Rebecca didn't say anything. Maria shook her head and went to her closet, letting Rebecca read her diary.
"You saw Katerina before you came here?" Rebecca asked as she read a page from Maria's diary.
"Yeah..." Maria answered "...we crashed a college party about a month ago and had some fun." Maria got out a blue Tshirt and a pair of jeans as Rebecca continued to read.
"You write songs?" She asked before Maria sped to take her diary back.
"The songs are private." She said. "And so is the rest of the diary." Rebecca just shrugged.
"Are you coming with me to the Grill?"
"Will your brother be there?" Maria asked as she looked at Rebecca.
"If he's stalking you, then yes." Rebecca answered.
"Then nowhere is safe." Maria muttered and then smiled. She went into the bathroom and changed into her clothes before walking back out.
"Let me do your hair." Rebecca said because she didn't move off Maria's bed. "And your make-up." Maria looked at Rebecca and considered saying no.
"Okay." Maria said after a little bit before they both walked to Rebecca's room.

~~~~~~~~~
Maria followed Rebecca to The Grill. She felt like she needed a drink.
"Hey...don't tell anyone what you read, okay?" She asked Rebecca. "Those are thoughts I never share with anyone." Rebecca gave Maria a smile.
"Only if you buy me a drink." Rebecca said and Maria couldn't help but smile back. She didn't say it out loud, but she missed Rebecca.

They both walked into The Grill. Rebecca went straight to Matt, who was working while Maria went to the bathroom. When Maria was done in the bathroom, she saw that Rebecca struck out with Matt. 'Klaus is here...' Maria thought with a groan, seeing him talk to Rebecca. She walked to the bar, pretending that Klaus wasn't there.
"Cheeseburger with extra pickles and mustard." Maria ordered because she was hungry.

Rebecca left Klaus's side, which allowed him to see Maria sitting at the bar. He wanted to take her in his arms and make love all day like they used to. Maria would barely even look at him now. That didn't matter to Klaus. Maria was one of the few people he would do anything for. He walked over to her.

Maria got her food and started to eat, not noticing Klaus coming closer. Klaus stood behind Maria and placed his hand at the small of her back. She could feel a shiver, but tried to hide it as she took a bite from her burger. Klaus mentally smiled, but didn't say anything.
"Care for a drink love?" He asked in a whisper, into Maria's ear. She gasped when his breath warmed her skin.
"No." Maria said after a few minutes, trying to recover from the effects Klaus was causing. "Leave me alone."
"You don't mean that love..." Klaus said and Maria rolled her eyes.
"Just leave Nik." She said as she took another bite. Klaus didn't leave right away. He compelled the bartender to give Maria her favorite drink.
"See you later love." Klaus whispered in Maria's ear before reluctantly leaving.
~~~~~~~~~~~

When Maria was done eating, she played a game of pool with a stranger. Rebecca came up to her.
"You have to meet my friend." Rebecca said.
"You have a friend?" Maria asked, pretending to be shocked. Rebecca gave her a smile. "Let me just finish this game." Maria turned back to the pool table. In one shot, she pocketed the balls she had left...and the eight ball. Maria turned to the guy she was playing with and whispered in his ear. "Meet me outside." She turned to Rebecca as the man started walking out. "Five minutes?" Maria asked. Rebecca looked at her friend and sighed.
"Five minutes." Rebecca sternly said. "Any longer and I'm going out there and dragging you back in myself." Maria nodded her head, not scared of Rebecca. She knew Rebecca was a softie.