Chapter 11

Chapter 11: Kate

I went to town and got all the things I needed for my cabin, which was situated in the middle of nowhere. The cabin was big, beautiful, and peaceful, allowing me to gather my thoughts. The weather was also tranquil, making me feel a lot better. However, I was still upset about James' behavior towards me. Despite this, I made up my mind not to let him destroy me. I had a phone in my cabin, and my number was unlisted. I called my parents to let them know that I was okay.

My mother informed me that John had been trying to reach me, but I didn't feel like talking to anyone. I didn't hold John responsible for James' actions towards me, and I believed he was a good person. To ensure privacy, there was a gate that led up to my cabin, allowing no one to enter without calling first. As the TV didn't have cable, I got a VCR player to watch movies. My cabin was located near a lake, so I didn't have to worry about dangerous creatures lurking in the water. Swimming also helped me forget about the sadness I was experiencing. I knew that Sara was concerned about me, so I tried calling her, but she wasn't available.

When it rains, I like to read books and watch movies. However, I do not enjoy the storms that usually accompany the rain. Although I understand that we need the rain, I cannot wait for it to stop storming. Finally, the rain and the storm ceased, and the next day I decided to visit the town. The people there were very friendly. I rented some movies, made myself some food, and watched them. I ended up going to bed late and waking up late the following day. It was a bright sunny day, and the heat outside was unbearable. Even the door handle was too hot to touch, so I had to use a towel to open the door.

I prepared some sweet tea and then called my mother, who told me that John had called and needed to speak with me. I promised my mom I would call John back once I got home, although I had no idea when that would be. Later, I went hiking on the mountain and stumbled upon a cave full of crystals. Upon returning to the cabin, my phone rang, prompting me to answer it quickly. It was Sara, who informed me that she was in Mt. Magazine and wished to talk to me. I agreed and she soon arrived at my cabin, accompanied by John.

"I questioned John's presence, asking, "What are you doing here? I thought you came alone. How did you two find me?"

Sara replied, "You left a lot of clues in your apartment."

John then requested, "Kate, I really need to talk to you."

Sara, understanding the situation, replied, "I will leave you two alone," and walked into the cabin.

I asked, "What do you want to talk about?"

John then confessed, "I am the one that has been writing the letters." Shocked and angry, I yelled, "Why would you do such a horrible thing?"

John tried to explain, "I did not mean to hurt you. I knew how much you care for James, and I wanted to spare you from getting hurt by him."

"I got hurt and felt embarrassed! Why did you confess that you were the one writing the letters?" I questioned angrily.

John defended himself, saying, "I was scared and didn't believe you would ever see me the way you see James. I've loved you since we were kids, Kate."

"I should be mad at you, but I'm more upset with myself. I've loved you too, but I didn't think you felt the same. I thought you were just being kind to me out of pity. I thought James liked me and I was happy to have a boyfriend," I responded.

John and Sara were staying with me at the cabin. The next day, John and I went swimming while Sara enjoyed the sun. The following day, Sara went into town, leaving John and me alone. It was during this time that John asked me to be his wife. I happily accepted. I couldn't wait to share the news with my parents. Sara was already aware that John was planning to propose. To celebrate our engagement, I prepared a big dinner for all of us. The day after, I went home with John and Sara.

Back in England

James

James couldn't understand why John was so mad at him for telling Kate the truth. He also didn't know why John refused to answer his phone calls. James felt guilty for hurting Kate and wanted to apologize to her. One day, his father Ben visited him at his apartment and noticed his injured eye.

"What happened to your eye?" Ben asked.

James, who was already upset, replied angrily, "I had an accident. What do you want, Dad?".

"Are you in a bad mood because you and Kate broke up?" Ben asked.

"No, why would you ask that?!" James retorted, even angrier.

"John and Kate are getting married!" Ben revealed, also angry.

"Over my dead body!" James exclaimed furiously.

Alex

Alex was very upset when he heard the news that Kate and John were getting married. His friend Mark entered the room and noticed Alex was in a bad mood.

"What's the matter?" Mark asked.

"Kate and John are getting married, but I am going to do everything I can to stop this wedding from happening! Kate is going to marry me!" Alex promised.

Jill

Jill heard that John was going to marry Kate Brooks and became angry. She decided to do everything she could to steal John away from Kate. She knew that James and Alex would help her to destroy John and Kate's relationship.