Chapter 12

Chapter 12: John

I cannot believe that Kate and I are getting married soon. We've decided to get married on Valentine's Day. We are trying to save money for our honeymoon in Paris. However, my aunt and uncle are angry with me. They believe that I stole Kate from James. I didn't tell them that James was mean and insulting to Kate. Lisa wasn't angry with me because she knew how James treated Kate. James was also angry with me, but I didn't care.

I bumped into James in town and he immediately accused me of betraying him. He was furious and said I had stolen Kate from him. I responded with anger of my own, telling him that he never liked me as a friend and that I had not betrayed him. I also pointed out that he had never really loved Kate and had even said so himself. I accused him of always competing with me since we were kids and not being able to handle the fact that Kate had chosen me over him. James then explained that he had only dated Jill because he wanted her father to give him a job. He admitted to having been rude to Kate but claimed that he would have explained everything to her if I had not stolen her from him.

"I don't believe you. I think you're lying. You said you were only dating Kate because your parents were making you. Please don't deny it now. Are you still with Jill?" I asked.

"No, I told you I was only dating Jill so her dad would give me a job in his law firm. Since he doesn't like me anymore because of you, I don't think he's going to give me a job! I'm also going to do everything in my power to win Kate back!" James declared and stormed off.

I couldn't understand why James was acting like a jerk. He never cared for Kate, so I called her to warn her.

"Has James been bothering you?" I asked.

"No, why do you ask?' Kate replied.

"I don't know what's going on with James, but he thinks I betrayed him," I explained. "Why would he think that?" Kate asked.

"He thinks I stole you from him," I replied.

"That's so dumb of him to think. James told me that he couldn't stand me and he was only dating me because his parents were making him!" Kate replied angrily. "Don't worry about James, he'll get over his anger when he meets someone else," I assured Kate.

James

James was shocked by John's betrayal and suspected that John had been planning to take Kate away from him. Upon hearing that Kate was in England staying at a hotel, James went to her hotel and aggressively knocked on her door. When Kate opened the door, she was furious and questioned James about his behavior. James then forced his way into Kate's room and began choking her.

James forcefully corners Kate against the wall.

"James, LET GO OF ME!" Kate screams.

"You have betrayed me! I love you, Kate!" James yells, his voice filled with anger and desperation.

"You do not love me. You do not know how to love!" Kate replies, her tone reflecting her frustration and fury.

With no other option left, Kate starts screaming for help.

Alex

Alex went to visit Kate and on the way to her room, he heard her screaming. Worried, Alex rushed to the room and pushed the door open. To his horror, he saw James hitting Kate. Alex was furious and immediately grabbed James by the arm and threw him out of the room. Kate was crying and Alex went to her and hugged her to console her. Alex acted as if he was happy for Kate and John, but he was secretly planning on stopping the wedding from happening.

"I know you're going to marry John, but I hope we can still be friends," Alex requested.

"Alex, you'll always be my friend," Kate assured him.

"I'm glad to hear that," Alex replied happily.

Jill

Jill went to visit Kate and as she approached the door to Kate's room, she saw Kate hugging Alex. Jill took some pictures of Kate and Alex, hoping that when John saw the pictures, he would end his relationship with Kate. Later, Jill showed the pictures to John, but he was not pleased.

"What are you trying to do? Kate called me and told me that James attacked her in her room. Alex was there and he saved her from James. I love Kate, and I trust her. Kate and Alex are just friends!" John replied angrily.

Jill became upset and left, still determined to destroy Kate and John's relationship.