Part Six

The next day in Herkleton, another Type-X TARDIS materialized within the Creek. Its occupants – Steven and Kristin Curtsinger – disembarked to the colorful atmosphere. "Whoa!" Kristin yelped, feeling as if she had walked right into a painting. She looked at her body and clothes, all of which had transformed into animated form. "Yo, check me out! I'm a dang cartoon!"

"That's the spatial quality," Steven explained. By his submissive tone, it was clear that he had experienced this rare occurrence before, presumably multiple times.

"The what-now?" Kristin barely caught on, distracted by her new cartoon form.

"It's the shift in dimensions – kind of like how most TARDISes change their shape to blend in with its surroundings upon landing," Steven expounded. "You see, the nuage energy that makes up the Infinite DC can—"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Kristin tuned out his technobabble, her hazel-brown eyes looking to her backside. "Hey, is it just me or do my hips and booty look bigger in 2D? Not that I'm complainin'."

Steven rolled his eyes, abandoning his lecture. "Forget it. Let's just go."

            "Go where?" Kristin asked

"Go where?" Kristin asked. "Dude, what is goin' on with you? You bring us to Jellystone Park for some weird-ass reason that even you don't know, and now you act like you still know where you're going!"

"I don't," Steven tranquilly stated. "I seem to be following purely on instinct."

"Purely on instinct?" Kristin parroted condescendingly.

"If I could put it into better terms, it feels like someone or something put it all inside my head."

Kristin sighed, a headache coming on. "It all sounds like another weird Time Lord thing to me. But, because you're my husband and I love you, I'll follow you to the ends of the Earth...er, Earths."

Steven gave her an appreciate smile. "Thank you, my love."

Clinging to his right arm, Kristin kept in pace with him as they walked down a specific path in the Creek. During the trek, Kristin was momentarily distracted by an inflatable pirate ship that sailed down a nearby river. A bunch of kids were on it, bouncing around and playing the role of swashbucklers. "Aww," Kristin gushed at the scene. "That looks like a lotta fun!"

-------------------------

Skeeta had stared at the monitor for so long that his eyes teared up. He continued to fume over HAL and the theft of his TARDIS by the psychopathic A.I. He was thankful for his Time Lord biology, which allowed him to stay awake and alert for as long as necessary. Meanwhile, his two female counterparts occupied themselves with activities that were remedial from their perspectives – Mireya took a hot bath, and Rania did some yoga, barefoot on a mat.