Epilogue

Thank you so much, dear reader, for accompanying me to the final chapter of my fan project. Your engagement and enjoyment means the world to me. Initially, I began this story fueled by my passion and the inspiration I drew from Baldur's Gate 3 during a period when I had ample free time. However, as often happens, life became busier with work, school, and other commitments, leaving me with less time for this story. Regrettably, I couldn't complete it as intended, but I will outline the remaining plot points to ensure you're not left wondering about the story's direction.

Additionally, I invite you to follow my TikTok and Twitter accounts for ongoing content related to Christinus. There are more adventures to come, and I'm excited to share them with you. If you have any questions or want to discuss the story and its characters further, please feel free to reach out here or via my social media links.

https://twitter.com/gayelvesinc

https://www.tiktok.com/@noodzreviewz?lang=en

Plot Summary:

As the narrative unfolds, the main characters deepen their connections despite initial hesitations about forming relationships, parallel to the ongoing in-game events.

For Lilith and Gale, a pivotal moment arises when, some time after their first intimate encounter, Lilith confronts a critical decision about her devotion. Raised as an orphan, Lilith was drawn into the Dionysian cult, where she found a sense of belonging and love she previously lacked. Followers of Dionysus, including Lilith, harness emotions such as joy, desire, and affection from others to empower their deity. This practice requires absolute dedication, as romantic commitments can hinder their effectiveness in gathering these essential energies.

Reaching a crossroads, Lilith decides to sever her ties with Dionysus. When she informs him of her decision, he is deeply disappointed and revokes all the divine gifts he bestowed upon her. Her once radiant hair dims, her eyes revert to a normal appearance, her skin loses its luster, and she forfeits her supernatural abilities and strength. Dionysus also reclaims her elegant garments and scepter, leaving her stripped of all enhancements and exposing her to a vulnerability she has not felt in years.

Shocked at the lengths she went through and feeling a pang of shame for not being brave enough to sever ties with Mystra as Lilith did with Dionysus, Gale is at a loss for how to comfort her. Instead, Christinus and Shadowheart step in, creating a growing rift between Gale and Lilith. As the story unfolds, Gale confronts his own cowardice and strives to rectify his insensitivity. The couple reconciles, their genuine love guiding them to see the beauty within each other and to accept one another as they are, inspiring Gale to abandon his quest for the crown of Karsus.

In the story's conclusion, she follows him back to Waterdeep where they marry and start a large family.

Meanwhile, Astarion and Christinus develop a closer bond, sharing an intimate evening in the woods. They gaze at the stars while Christinus reminisces about his dearly missed mother. Initially startled, assuming Christinus had other intentions, Astarion comes to appreciate the joys of a non-transactional, familial bond. They enjoy a light-hearted evening, culminating in Christinus asking to kiss Astarion's cheek, which he warmly allows.

However, their relationship fluctuates, with both men wrestling with their emotions due to their troubled pasts, despite enjoying each other's company. Christinus grows increasingly frustrated, feeling too attached and sensing that Astarion does not reciprocate his feelings. His frustrations peak when he reacts vehemently to Araj asking Astarion to drink her blood, revealing the depth of his feelings and the complexities of their relationship.

When Astarion brings up Christinus' uncharacteristic behavior at camp, expressing gratitude but also concern, Christinus admits to harboring feelings for him. Christinus suggests they create some distance between them to manage his unreturned affection. However, Astarion refuses, revealing that he reciprocates the feelings and desires a closer bond. Their conversation culminates in a kiss, and they agree to explore a relationship, despite their reservations about commitment.

Upon their arrival at Baldur's Gate, Christinus prioritizes assisting Astarion in confronting Cazador, which they successfully achieve. That evening, they openly declare their love and become intimate. The next day, a sun elf arrives seeking Christinus, who takes him aside for a private discussion before sending him away. Christinus then reveals his true identity to the group.

He is the sole heir to the affluent Crystalstride family, noble elves residing near the city's edge. Christinus recounts how he was trying to escape the restrictive life imposed by his grandmother, the family matriarch. She exploits his allure to gain favor with other nobles and politicians, confining him to increase his value in public interactions. His reputation as the 'caged prince' stems from this enforced isolation, which he hopes to break free from and regain his independence.

After his grandmother learns of his return, Christinus is compelled to go back to her, essentially becoming her captive. The camp hopes to persuade her to loosen her grip, given the looming threat of the Absolute in the city, and they all set off to his luxurious residence to meet her. Their confrontation is unsuccessful; she refuses to assist the heroes, reprimands Christinus for his defiance, and imprisons him while expelling the others. However, with the collective cunning of the camp and the assistance of a sun elf, they manage to free Christinus so he can join forces with Astarion to challenge the Absolute.

When they reach the nether brain beneath the city, it's revealed that Christinus was chosen by the brain before the story began to act as its agent, using his title and influence to spread its dogma across the city, though he had no memory of this. The brain offers him absolute power and freedom if he fully accepts the role it has designated for him—to eliminate Gortash and Orin and lead its army to spread its influence across Faerun. Tempted by this offer, Christinus nearly succumbs, but his team, particularly Astarion, convinces him to reject it.

Together, they defeat the brain, saving Faerun, and share farewells at the docks of Baldur's Gate. With the parasite's protection gone, Astarion suffers under direct sunlight, prompting Christinus to shield him, solidifying their bond. Ultimately, they settle happily at the Crystalstride estate as wealthy nobles, cleverly using Astarion's past as a corrupt elite to maintain their power and influence without relying solely on Christinus. With his grandmother's passing, the estate is bequeathed to the pair, now married. In their newfound peace, Christinus discovers joy and true love, no longer isolated by duty. Astarion enjoys a luxurious, free life, also filled with true love. Although they continue to search for a cure for his vampirism, they count themselves fortunate for their blessings and the peaceful years they foresee together.