Let the Games Begin

wc: 1.79k

The morning of the UA'S Annual Sports Festival was always something I was looking forward to as a kid. I don't even think I could remember anything I did on those days the Sports Festival came around.

I'm finally gonna be in it.

I've studied hard so of course I know what their format is gonna be, a small workout course, a team activity, and my personal favorite 1v1s.

Most of the class is trying to calm their nerves in various ways. Some trying to talk to each-other about how they feel, others in different corners ignoring the world around them, and those stuffing sugar down their faces. And me? Tuna protein shakes every hour on the hour.

Sero caused a monster.

But the monster can't be any worse than the awful tension in the room between Todoroki and Deku.

I mean really? THAT is a rivalry??? Make it make sense, how is Deku still here??

In the midst of everyone trying to make sense of Todoroki's declaration of war, a UA volunteer proceeds to gather the class and line everyone out to their specific areas.

A pink hand suddenly smacks the back of my shoulder which scares the hair off of me, "Kumi!! Aren't you ready for everyone to see us? I mean these outfits aren't cute at all but we have our own show, like the uh..... The Farflashians!"

Slowly getting out of my flinched position, her comments make me chuckle and Kirishima adds further.

"They have got to love us! We look so manly." He flexes his muscles as his sleeves are rolled up to his shoulders.

"Watch the NikNok edits after, just trust me. Jaws will be dropped and so will all of my opponents." I start off light and end cheekily.

The class of 1-A starts to walk out and the whole stadium cheers so loud that it sounds automated. I have to keep up the image. Smile and wave, don't say anything and do that ancient mewing thing to make my chin look good.

I still can't believe this many people came to see our class. The spotlight put on us was very big and bright and blinded half the class. I can hear Uncle Mic in the background beefing us all up and talking about the villain attack we endured and that the audience was in for a show. This is when I decide to block out all noise and just focus. All of the other classes looked pissed that we get all of the attention, but that's how it is every year so I don't even pay any mind.

A shoulder bumps into me harshly like they were trying to get me out of the way, so I pushed them.

Hard.

I can't really hear anything since I tuned everything out, so I became so surprised when I saw Bakugo stumble and yell whatever he was yelling.

And I had to say my little piece, "Don't be rude to a lady."

I actually pay attention to what he has to say back, "You're barely a girl, nothing close to a lady."

That's what makes me smile, he doesn't know now but he will find out.

As he stands on the podium, Kirishima and Sero are right behind me trying to apologize for Bakugo's behavior but I don't even pay attention. Everyone is dying to hear what the residential rude ass of 1-A is going to say.

The microphone produces some feedback as the hothead tries to prep his voice by coughing.

He addresses the crowd before the announcers, "Sensei," and the crowd is hushed.

"I'm going to be number one." And everyone starts yelling at him.

What a rookie mistake, but it is kinda fun watching the class try to deal with the media.